We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Trivandrum airport to Varkala

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
369 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Trivandrum airport to Varkala

Hi

I am a single female (age 50+) travelling to India in Jan 2013. I need to get from Trivandrum airport to my hotel in Varkala (flight lands 4.45pm).

Distance is approx 50 km & I think it should take around an hour and a half.

Any idea of how much a taxi should cost? Also,is it best to get my Varkala hotel to arrange a driver or is there a taxi system from the airport with fair fixed rates?

Thanks

Christine Bennett

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Trivandrum airport to Varkala

we stay at the green palace varkala, they pick us up for £15, not bad after a long flight, ring your hotel , they should pick you up, taxi from the airport about £12 outside the airport car park,or £15-£18 in an airport taxi, can also get a train from the main station in trivandrum.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
369 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Trivandrum airport to Varkala

Hi

Thanks for the information. That's helpful to know approx how much a taxi should be. I think I'll probably get my hotel to organise a taxi to collect me. I'll probably pay the hotel direct (after they have added their commission onto it).

The train wouldn't really be an option for me because my flight doesn't land until late afternoon (that is if it is on time!). I really need to get straight to the hotel without any further hanging around & hassles. My flight will have been from Udaipur with a change at Mumbia (& a 6 hr wait). I must admit I am not looking forward to this 'travel day' at all. I tried so hard to find better flights but there was nothing else available for the day that I wanted to travel.

Thanks again.

Christine Bennett

3. Re: Taxi from Trivandrum airport to Varkala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2013, 21:16