We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali

sunshine coast
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Denali

jonox

sunshine coast

reviews: 1

Save this Post

67. Re: FIRST TIME POSTERS Please read this before posting

yesterday, 14:45

Hi we are a retired couple from Australia booked to arrive by sea at achorage (Whittier) 30th June 2015 we have booked a car and after a few days in Achorage will be driving through to Fairbanks from the 3rd to 6th June we would like to visit Denali national Park staying at one of the lodges close to the entrance. Are the lodges taking bookings for Next June now? can you book coach day trips into the park when you get there or do you need to have that all booked befor arriving ?

It would be a great help to get this info.

5 replies to this topic
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,820 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali

Do you want to be near the entrance or in the park? Most of what are called "lodges" are just hotels - nothing like the lodges you see in the Western National parks like you see in Yellowstone, Glacier or Yosemite - at least in my opinion. Most of the big hotels in the entrance area cater primarily to the cruise industry. You can find them on regular hotel booking sights - like Denali Princess, etc.

For more Alaskan type lodgings, check out those not in the entrance area - www.denalichamber.com.

You should book early, but some folks won't take bookings until after the first of the year. What is your nightly budget?

Do plan on booking at least one or more shuttle buses into the park to explore.

www.nps.org/dena will give you all you need to know for info about the park, the buses and booking. Happy planning! :)

Edited: 14 August 2014, 10:25
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali

The Denali Princess is very nice and a great location.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,411 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denali

You are saying you are coming in June 2015. Well, that date has passed. Have you change your dates?

Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denali

Scott - she was a different person just adding to a year old post, and had nothing to do with the OP's question. BTW in my opinion there is nothing great about the Denali Princess.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,411 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denali

k2...

thanks, I missed that in my morning daze/haze. Guess I should up the caffeine.

Reply to: Denali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Healy
Recent Conversations