We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins

We are going to be visiting in July 2015. We are a family of 4, kids ages 10 & 12. I am having trouble deciding between healy heights cabins windward or willow and alaska spruce cabins. Anyone have advice on which I should pick? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Harlingen,TX
Level Contributor
909 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins

I can't help you with alaska spruce cabins, but coincidently, we're staying at healy heights cabins next month (mid-June). When I get back, I'd be happy to post my impressions of it.

Chugiak, Alaska
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins

I've stayed at AK Spruce Cabins and liked it. If Simba's Mom can give you some details on Healy Heights (I tried to stay there but they were booked), I can give you some on Spruce.

I'm sure you can tell by the pics that there are three cabins next to each other. There's also a nice gas grill in front of the cabins that you can use and a full kitchen with bowls and pots and pans, big fridge, stove, etc. They have two queen beds and a small (rather small) TV as well as a table you can eat at. I thought the beds were comfortable and we just had the TV on for noise, so it didn't matter that it was small. The only thing that I didn't like was that the shower stall was a bit small, just your typical only a shower size, but then the shower head was fixed and not at a good height for someone that was 5' 7" (which is a pretty typical height). A small stall is doable when you have a shower head that comes off for ease of use. If you are person who uses a wash cloth, then no biggie, but it bothered me.

My brother and his wife and son also stayed there and the folks who owned the place let their son borrow one of the bikes they had for grandkids maybe. I thought that was pretty nice of them. He loved it and my brother and sister-in-law liked the 7 year old getting to burn off more energy. :)

I think if I could get a place with a view and the other things I was looking for at Healy Heights, I'd try there since you have so much time to plan. But if their beds aren't super comfy or something else isn't just right, AK Spruce Cabins are good, too, and I'd certainly stay in them again.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,798 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins

They are in different areas - Healy Heights is on a hill, so you would have more of a view. Both are in quiet areas, but I haven't been in either of them so don't have any details. Alaska Spruce cabins are newer. Good luck! :)

Independence...
Level Contributor
100 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins

We spent two nights in the Aspen View cabin at Healy Heights Family Cabins last July. It was just my husband and myself. The bed was comfortable, the shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water, and the surroundings were quiet and peaceful. The owners were welcoming and eager to please.

We enjoyed cooking out on the propane grill provided, but absolutely needed the bug dope we brought along -- mosquitoes were thick in July.

Here's a photo of the view from Healy Heights Cabins:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Reply to: Healy heights vs alaska spruce cabins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Healy
Recent Conversations