We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

Arizona
Level Contributor
239 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

Any difference between White Moose Lodge and Motel Nord Haven? I'll be in the area for 2 nights in mid-September and it looks like White Moose is a little cheaper. I've been to Denali 3 times previously and either camped or stayed right outside the park entrance. This time I'm traveling solo and looking to save some money by staying in Healy.

7 replies to this topic
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage
Level Contributor
11,779 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

I just glanced at the overall TA reviews:

- https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31…

- https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31…

Neither one has a significant number of poor/terrible.

NH rates a 'level' higher than WM if looking at the 'EX/VG/AVG' levels.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,787 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

I would choose Motel Nord Haven - WM is pretty basic, NH is one of the nicer properties in the area. :)

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,971 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

I've stayed at both. If you want cheaper: White Moose. If you want nicer: Nord Haven.

The White Moose was very basic and a little run down. But it was clean and cheap. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. But if I had the room in the budget, I'd go with Motel Nord Haven.

Arizona
Level Contributor
239 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

Thanks everyone! I'll go with Motel Nord Haven.

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

I've not stayed at WM, but we enjoyed a short stay at Motel Nord Haven last summer, enough for me to have booked three nights this upcoming summer. I booked there last summer cause it was recc'ed by coalminer, whose opinion I value highly, and we were glad for the comfort because we did too much driving, during our short stay, and the bed offered us a nice night's sleep! We appreciated how close it was to the park, but I have no idea how close the other choice is. Our plans for the summer changed, as we now own an RV, but the people we met at MNH were so nice and friendly. Cancelling my reservation I felt the friendly through the phone!

Friends from TX very much enjoyed a much longer stay there last summer and she noted the comfort of the bed, quiet sleep and friendliness of the folks working there. Enjoy your visit! Deb

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
41,787 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

I am not sure how late in the season, but at Nordhaven, you do get a free continental breakfast as well. :)

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven

P.S. Our friends enjoyed that perk, but we were too early in the season! Deb

Reply to: White Moose vs Motel Nord Haven
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Healy
Recent Conversations