We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corcovado Guides

Golfito, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Corcovado Guides

Hi I need to get in contact with any Corcovado guides you can recommend

33 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Corcovado Guides

Hello, we just recently had a guide who was incredible. His name is Bryan and his details are below:

bryan carranza

(506)84265905

briancarranzaarce@hotmail.com

He is very knowledgeable, easy to get along with, and most important, excellent at spotting wildlife.

There's quite a few guides in this area that don't have the correct license to be allowed into the park, so be careful. We met a couple who had an unlicensed guide and were forced to sneak into the park at 3am - definitely not something i would advise given the river crosses, steep tracks and animals.

Highly recommend Bryan!!!

Jo

Jacksonville, Fl
Level Contributor
63 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Corcovado Guides

2 seniors (65 & 69) spending the day a Bahia Drake while on Windstar Cruise January 18. Looking into either hiking at Parque National Corcovado or snorkeling at Isla del Cano. Wanting to do own excursion as don't like being herded w/ other passengers on ship's excursions. Last year snorkeled at Playa Flamingo, CR and was pathetic. Saw nothing, big waste of $$. Don't want to repeat. Appreciate all suggestions.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,359 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Corcovado Guides

Snorkeling in Costa Rica generally is substandard. Cano island is an exemption, but only when the weather is right. For Cano Island you will need to join a group tour. For Corcovado NP you can hire a private guide. You will share the boat ride with others but when on location, the guide will be able to take you away from crowds. Best is La Sirena ranger station.

Jacksonville, Fl
Level Contributor
63 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Corcovado Guides

Hello!! We are looking for tours for 2 different days. First, we will be on a Windstar cruise docked at Bahia Drake on January 18th, 2016 from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. and want to go snorkeling at Isla del Cano. Then we cruise to Golfo Dulce (Puerto Jimeniz) on the 19th and will be there from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. and would like to go to Corcovado Nat. Parque that day with a guided tour. Are you able to please help us with arrangements?

Jacksonville, Fl
Level Contributor
63 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Corcovado Guides

Thanks for the info. Can we get to La Sirena ranger station from Golf Dulce (Puerto Jimenez)? Any suggestions on good reputable tour companies who could transport us from the pier at Bahia Drake for snorkeling on the 18th and a tour guide who could take us to Corcovado on the 19th?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,359 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Corcovado Guides

Yes, you can get into La Sirena from Puerto Jimenez, but only if you will hire a private charter plane. Alfa Romeo is the company to contact. Otherwise not. You will need to pay also for the guide as it is mandatory to have one inside Corcovado NP. Quite expensive for only a couple of hours during the midday, IMO.

Alternative is to do a half day hike, from La Leona ranger station to Rio Madrigal and back. Many tours and guides in Puerto Jimenez are offering this relatively easy hike, however, as you will need to obtain the permit in advance, contact them well before arrival.

While in Drake Bay, you have 2 options: a boat tour to La Sirena or a snorkeling boat trip to Cano Island. As snorkeling tends to be on the open waters, and weather is influencing it in a big way, and as stated above visiting La Sirena from Puerto Jimenez side is very expensive, my vote goes to a boat trip from Drake Bay to La Sirena.

Katrineholm, Sweden
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Corcovado Guides

I highly recomend Deiny Araya Salas as a guide. He was our guide for 3 days ( one of thoose days we also had his brother Juan Carlos Araya, who also is an fantastic guide who even can spot the animals while he is driving) when we we´re in Corcovado national park. Deiny really made this adventure to become the most amazing experience of my life. He has got all the traits you can wish for in a guide, an excellent ability to spot the animals using all his senses( sight,smell,hearing and tracking). We saw more animals than I could ever have dreamt of. He also speaks good english. He has a tremendous knowledge about all the different animals and plants which he gladly share and which make you get a deeper understanding for the animals and Costa Rica. Above beeing an excellent guide he also have a wounderfull personallity (he is very helpful, making sure you will not fall or get hurt, very patient, responsible and caring and he makes you feel safe, and a last but not least he is very charming and funny) making it really fun to hang with him. He became a very good friend and I promise you will not regret hireing him and his famiilys guide company osa penisula tours. It is also very affordable.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Corcovado Guides

Allan Guevara Quiros!!!!

He is a young and native tour guide and you can do any kind of tours, also Overnight tours to Corcovado. He has many years of guiding and knows a lot about nature and animals.

He is also a guide of Surcos Tours.

I booked the tour very easily online:

http://osagreatadventure.com/

He has also facebook account (osagreatadventure)

brighton
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Corcovado Guides

Bolo from Osa Bolo Adventures without a doubt ; you can contact him on his FB page www.facebook.com/osabolo

He is cheaper than the agencies, has grown up trekking the jungle, is lisenced, bilingual and 100% Costa Rican, with 25 years of experience and an immense knowledge and love for the wildlife and fauna of Corcovado :)

2 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Corcovado Guides

Jaguardman i will be in quepos shortly have some questions about getting to corcovado andrew.pollner@gmail.com

Reply to: Corcovado Guides
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park