We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 or 2 nights in Monteverde?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1 or 2 nights in Monteverde?

As per my earlier post, I have already booked 3 nights in Arenal. We plan on doing white water rafting, canyoneering, ziplines, and other things over the 3 and 1/2 days we'll be in Arenal.

I am now struggling with how to plan the next 4 nights (mid June trip). We are renting a car so my initial thought was to drive in the morning of the 4th night to Monteverde and stay at Fonda Vela or El Establo for 1 night ( I am assuming we would arrive around 12 pm so we would do some activities for the rest of the day and we would also do other activities the next day before we check out and drive to MA).

Does it make sense to only spend 1 1/2 days in Monteverde or should we spend 2 nights in Monteverde and 2 nights in MA? IF 1 1/2 days is ok in Monteverde, can someone help with an itinerary?

I planned on spending 3 nights around MA to do MA hiking/beach 1 day, Jaco a second day and relax at the pool the third day before we drive back to SJO for our flight home the last day or possibly staing at Marriott Los Suenos and doing 1 day in MA, 1 day on Isla Tortuga tour (can anyone comment on wheter this tour is good?) and the third day relaxing at the hotel before heading to SJO the next morning.

Thank you in advance.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 or 2 nights in Monteverde?

Just to clarify...from Santa Elena about 12 kilometers of unpaved road...the rest until you reach Pan Am Hwy...in great shape..

roadadvisor.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 1 or 2 nights in Monteverde?

Correct, and the dirt road is in significantly better shape than the road that leads you from Arenal to Santa Elena !

13. Re: 1 or 2 nights in Monteverde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 18:17