We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selvatura or Sky Trek?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
24 posts
Selvatura or Sky Trek?

Which is better for zip lining? Which has the better suspension bridge tour? Selvatura or Sky Trek?

msdkw

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

Sky trek is one of the best zipline tours in the country. I would recommend going with them, and their hanging bridges tour is excellent as well.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,941 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

I reccomend to my clients most of the time...Sky treck...

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

www.skytrek.com also my fav...

Monteverde Costa...
Level Contributor
655 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

I prefer Selvatura. Safer, more fun, less expensive, Free transport, Their forest is contiguous to the Santa Elena Reserve and not surrounded by cow pastures like Sky Walks.

Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

We did the canopy tour at Selvatura and it was awesome! Sorry I can't offer a comparison of the two. We walked on a couple of hanging bridges at the end of the tour and after the adreneline rush of the zipline I didn't feel like we needed to do both.

New York
Level Contributor
103 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

I have a similar query. Planning on going next year and I want to know if you can go on these independently (after admission is paid) or if a guide is compulsory.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,941 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

You can do it without a guide...Sky Treck have a great safety record , a lot of fun, they pick you up at your hotel fro free...and also is in a lot bettter weather than Selavtura ... Lovely views of some nice healthy cows...I have been in Sky Treck number of times...and I have seen more cows around Selvatura...sorry...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,241 posts
44 reviews
8. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

Sky trek for me

Inca

Monteverde, Costa...
2 posts
9. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

I prefer Selvatura to Skywalk because of the safety and capacity of their bridges (10 people vs. 80 people). Selvatura's bridges are certified by engineers. Another difficulty at Skywalk is that when busy, you have to wait for people to get off the bridges for you to go and you have little time to appreciate it as the next group is pushing. At Selvatura, who is in a hurry goes by and who wants to observe longer stays.

In Selvatura there are 8 bridges vs. 6 at Skywalk.

Orlando
Level Contributor
1 post
10. Re: Selvatura or Sky Trek?

I haven't done selvatura but I did Skytrek and Extremo. I must say I am torn between the two. Skytrek was alot faster zip-lines but it was more like a platform to platform. Extremo's zip-lines were still kinda fast, but what i loved is that they went tree to tree, which gave it a more flying through the forest feel. Extremo also has the options to do the Tarzan swing, which was amazing, and they also have the Superman. In the Superman your straps are moved around and you are strapped to the zip-line by your back and legs, so you feel like you are flying across the valley. Great experience.