We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

Philadelphia
6 posts
Save Topic
Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

Hi, we are looking to book a trip in November in manuel Antonio. We'd like to rent a 4-5 bedroom nice villa. Can anyone give me recommendations? We've seen some villas on Escape villas that look nice, but I've seen BAD reviews about them on here.

Please give names of villas we should look in to.

Thanks, in advance!

south of Boston
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

Try looking at Casa Tolteca (www.casatolteca.com) ... we are going there next week so I don't have details yet but everything I've heard is spectacular. There are 6 bedrooms there .. but perhaps you could just rent 5 of them - as two of the bedrooms are separate from the others.

Calif
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

You could try vrbo.com

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…708

This links to CR Quepos/Manuel Antonio.

los angeles CA
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

Kibbygirl

I'm leaving for MA next month and have rented a 4 bedroom Villa through Escape villas. When I return I will post my experience. However I do have a co-worker who rented through Escape villas last fall and had only positive comments about the villa and the staff. I also noticed the bad reviews but they seem to mostly come from 1 or 2 people who repeat their commentary. Either way, I will let you know when I return.

Skijimbo

Philadelphia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

I'll be anxious to hear your response!

Have a wonderful trip--we're not going until the fall and I can't think of anything else!

I am looking into renting villa La Macha ( private owner) or Villa Samba (Escape Villas)

5. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2007, 15:53
Virginia Beach
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

We were at Casa Tolteca in December for our daughter's wedding and just loved it. The property is beautiful and the staff was great.

We had the wedding at the villa which overlooks the Pacific and the cook prepared a delicious dinner for our guests. The property has 4 separate living areas which was great for us. We could walk to restaurants but rented a car for sightseeing. Thomas, the property manager, was always available to help with tours, reservations and suggestions. I would highly recommend this villa. I found it on VRBO and felt that it was truly represented. The Manuel Antoniio area is simply gorgeous. We all plan on returning as soon as we can. My nephew rented Casa De Frutas in Tulemar and that was awesome but smaller - 3 bedrooms I think. Hope this helps.

grand rapids,mich
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

We stayed in Casa Samba (managed by Escape Villas) last summer and had a great time. The house and views were beautiful and the staff was always helpful and available.

Vancouver
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

apymich - a large group of us are staying at casa samba in May (for a wedding). Can you tell me how far it is from amenities and the beach?

Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

My first trip we used them and stayed at Casa Samba. Loved the home!

My second trip we rented Villa El Cantico which is not run by the same company and the property manager is wonderful! I can't say enough about the house. Amazing inside and out with beautiful views of the ocean. MUCH nicer than Casa Samba.

We just booked out third trip and booked for Villa El Cantico again. It's the only house I will stay in. Not only for the house itself, but the staff.

Hope that helps and enjoy! You'll love it no matter where you stay. Manuel Antonio is heaven on earth.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa recommendations in Manuel Antonio

I truly believe very few homes in Manuel Antonio offer such sweeping views of the ocean and Manuel Antonio Park as Casa Samba and Casa Dolce Vita. In my opinion these are among the best 4-5 bedroom villas in the area. Escape Villas runs them and will provide you with a complete vacation retreat if needed. Numerous times i have booked these villas through them and both the service and the villas have been top rated.

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio