We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveladaptor

Sweden
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
traveladaptor

Hi.

I would really appriciate if someone could help me with following. I wounder if i need a non-earthed or earthed traveladaptor to connect my electrical device. I will go to costa rica and would like to be able to charge my electrical devices.

Thank you!

Sweden
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: traveladaptor

I mean what kind of contact is most common in the hotels non-earthed or earthed?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveladaptor

It varies. Some lodging will have the two-prong (non-earthed) receptacles and some will have the three-prong (earthed) receptacles. It's a good idea to bring a small adapter just in case. And the power supply is just like in the US.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveladaptor

Hi Hattie. Do we need US adaptors then if coming from the UK? Are the sockets the same?

thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,590 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveladaptor

Pushkathecat,

Although I am not Hattie....

yes the sockets are like the US and Canada and so is the voltage. But as Hattie says some places have the three pronged (earthed or grounded) sockets while others have the two pronged.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
358 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveladaptor

Cheers RaquelZ, I will bring at least one of each.

Thank you

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traveladaptor

That is a great idea…to avoid any little problem…

roadadcivsor

7. Re: traveladaptor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2016, 15:18