We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

England
Level Contributor
507 posts
38 reviews
Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

Hi

I've been on the Caribe shuttle site and see there are two options for getting from Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo, the cheapest is a shorter boat ride to Pavona , then a longer drive to PV, this option also includes lunch. Or for more $s we could have a longer boat ride to Moin and then a shorter drive to PV.

We'll be doing the Pavona to Tortuguero route on the way there so I'm wondering whether we should spend the extra $s to do the Moin route when we leave. Is it very different? What is the road from Pavona to PV like? Would we be missing out on any 'special ' scenery ? Trying to decide between 3+ hours in van or boat. Thanks.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

Where will you be before Tortuguero and where will you be going after Tortuguero?

England
Level Contributor
507 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

We are doing Arenal to Tortuguero ( so Pavona) and then onto Puerto Viejo de Talamanca.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

If you are going to Puerto Viejo after Tortuguero, definitely best to go by way of Moin. It's a fantastic 3-hour boat ride -- you will think you are on the Amazon River.

East Hartford...
Level Contributor
646 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

we did both (arrived via moin left via pavona)..both were nice..i personally would rather be on the water for a longer period of time than in a van

England
Level Contributor
507 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

Thanks both, Moin it is.

Saskatchewan, Can
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

How did this work out for you and what was the cost?

England
Level Contributor
507 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

Hi nkktsask, we haven't been yet ! you can find the prices and options on Caribe Shuttles' site, there are also alternative transport providers listed on the Tortuguero village website. I will write a trip report when we get back - but you'll have to wait a while LOL.

8. Re: Tortuguero to Puerto Viejo via Moin or Pavona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2016, 14:16