We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking security at La Pavona

Saint Louis...
13 posts
Save Topic
Parking security at La Pavona

We will have a rental car and will leave it at La Pavona. I saw that the parking is guarded, but does anyone have any experience with leaving their car there?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
45 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

As for who is paying for the water, the sewage, etc., my husband and I paid about $7 for a bag of chips. Assuming most people need to purchase a snack before hitting the road, I can only imagine they are turning a pretty nice profit.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,401 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

Well, Beck, not all or even not most people need to purchase a snack before hitting the road. And paying for using the toilets is not so strange where I came from (neither where I have travelled so far). If the service that was sold (i.e. the bathrooms) was good or not, that is yet another question.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

I was at La Pavona a few weeks ago and boy, has it changed since the first time I was there! The secure parking area has expanded and is more secure with fences, etc; the restaurant/snack bar has expanded and there are new and expanded and very nice bathrooms.

Keep in mind, folks, that you traveled for almost an hour, down a gravel road before reaching this little "outpost" at the end of the road. It's not like delivery trucks routinely drive "through" the area and drop off their food and supplies.

As for paying for the bathroom: It's typical all over Costa Rica to pay a small amount for using a bathroom if you are not a customer. So that part didn't bother me at all and wasn't a surprise in any way. I was grateful to pay, in fact, for such nice facilities.

The price of snacks? It's more or less what you might expect, really. Seven dollars for a bag of chips? Must have been a big bag with some kind of glorious chips inside! Maybe something imported? But anyway - now we are warned!

If you use the bathroom at the restaurant at La Pavona, you will pay. If you buy something there, it will be more expensive.

14. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 04:19
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

I was there less than a week ago...the place is incredible clean...worth it to pay $ 1.00 for a restroom use!!..

I may said easier than findining a clean CHEAP toillete around Fisherman Wharf in San Francisco...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

Exc!

17. Re: Parking security at La Pavona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2016, 18:16