We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage Allowance

Barcelona
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Baggage Allowance

Hi everyone, could you tell me if there is still any baggage allowance for the boats from Moin to Tortuguero and from Tortuguero to Pavona?

And if so what do people usually do with the excess luggage?

We are not going on any all inclusive package while in Tortuguero, and are coming from Cahuita and leaving to Arenal after Tortuguero. Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Baggage Allowance

25-Lb packing List for CR: https:/… .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Baggage Allowance

We flew in and took the boat out of Tortuguero. I was so careful to keep under the reported luggage weight and they did weigh our luggage before the flight but the family that was on the flight with us had huge suitcases which no way could have been within the luggage requirement. So I am not sure how strict they were. I can’t comment if luggage was weighed on the boats as I think they only weigh them going in and not on the way out although the so called dock at La Pavona is nothing more than a dirt path up a hill to a parking lot. I did not see any evidence of a luggage weigh station there unless it is inside the restaurant gift shop that is the only building there. It seemed to me that the luggage people had with them was over the reported weight limits IMHO. Maybe someone who went in by boat could comment if there was any luggage weighing.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,545 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Baggage Allowance

Were there any baggage allowances in force on those boats?! I know that none was there in 2008 ... but that is already an old news today. However as those boats are for both people and supplies I would be very surprised if all of your luggage would not come to Tortuguero (or out of it).

Reply to: Baggage Allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted