We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica in September??

Clinton, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica in September??

Hello! This will be my first time visiting CR and I am coming for my bday!( September 27th- October 2nd) I am getting a little nervous cause I know that September is one of the rainy months. Has anybody ever visited in September and can share your experience. I am staying at the Westin Golf Resort and Spa. Can anybody give me any feedback on the hotel if you ever stayed there before? Or what fun things we can do? Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Great question...YES september can be t around WESTIN...even wet is a great resort..most of the time rains in the afternoon ...of course not a rule.

During sep the weather in my country is nice at the Caribbean side of Costa Rica...but not a single hotel around there similae to WESTIN...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Lots of fun things to do.

Snorkel right in front of the Westin

Fishing

Horseback riding, ATV and zip-line

Jet Ski

Kayaking

That's just nearby. Day tours available to see wildlife, hot springs etc

Wayne, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Playa Conchal
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica in September??

You can expect some rain almost every day. As stated before, the rain is usually in the afternoon, so get out early and enjoy the day while you can. Sometimes the lightning over the water is a spectacular sight, so enjoy that too. We live in the development, so I can't comment on staying at the Westin. There are so many great restaurants in the nearby towns. Do yourself a favor and get out of the AI at least once for dinner. For your birthday celebration, I recommend Papaya Restaurant, in the Hotel Conchal.

Mentioned in this post
Papaya
Papaya
367 Reviews
Brasilito, Costa Rica
4. Re: Costa Rica in September??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2018, 22:08

Clinton, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Thanks! But when it rains in the evening is it a short period of time? I don't mind it raining a lil just not all day!

Playa Conchal...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Not it does not rain all day just for 15 to 20 minutes max an hour. And and you'll be treated like a princess couse it wouldn't be many people on the risort.

And you'll have a lot fun activities do around.

Kind regards from Costa Rica!

From Conchal Adventures Costa Rica

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Clinton, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Thanks!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Rica in September??

The hotel you chose is one of the most popular AIs in CR. Re the month of your vacation - since you are not going to the Caribbean coast, hope for the best, bring some rain gear, fast drying clothes and footwear, books, etc., but hope that you will get lucky with the weather and it will only rain for some time. Remember to use the in-room safe (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…).

You may want to check how many restaurants will be fully operational during that season (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g…), so you know which ones to book.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Clinton, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Thanks! So some stuff is shut down during that time?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costa Rica in September??

Please see the review - 2nd link in my earlier reply. It says (quote), "since I arrived here during the slow season, some of their restaurant were close."

In general, it is a common practice in AIs around the world to offer selected meal and entertainment choices during periods of lower occupancy.

Reply to: Costa Rica in September??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted