We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

We are staying in La Fortuna for 4 nights (three full days). We would like to see Rio Celeste as well, but I found out that it is about 1.5/2 hours driving.

We don't have a car, so we should book a shuttle or a tour.

Does anyone have experience with tours that start and end in La Fortuna and visit Rio Celeste/Tenior NP for a day? We rather not spend more than 100 dollars.

Also, we would like to do water tubing from Rio Celeste. Is there a tour that starts at La Fortuna?

And is it possible to combine hiking in the NP with tubing?

7 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,020 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

Been to Rio Celeste and have nor seen tubing there, but try this link for combo trips to the falls.

https:/…d747-a17243

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

Jacamar Naturalist Tours and Desafio Tours both operate tours to Rio Celeste from La Fortuna, but I don't think they include any tubing, and it will cost more that $100 per person.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,877 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

Within NP any activity like tubing is not allowed. There are many tours offered in the town of La Fortuna that will get you to Rio Celeste, browse around for best price as the hike in the park is the same for all.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,456 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

Bear in mind that if it's raining or has recently rained, the water won't be that magnificent blue. Try to time the tour accordingly. I would not book it far ahead without knowing what the weather will be like.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

We used Desafio for the Rio Celeste hike, and they were very good, no tubing though. I think we paid about $115 per person. If you want to do tubing separately, the tubing at The Springs Resort and Spa is excellent; they have a beautiful river that runs through their property. It's part of their Club Rio.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

Onca tours have tubing on Rio celeste river but offer no transpo from Arenal that I know of. If they do no way $100 . Desafio offers 1 day tours for $125 per person ( so their website says this... I know this is not set in stone with them) this would be a trip to the park.

7. Re: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2018, 18:31

Reply to: From La Fortuna to Rio Celeste
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...