We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot springs

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Hot springs

My husband and I want to visit hot springs during our stay in La Fortuna.

1: Which hot springs do you recommend if we like quiet and natural? I read that Tabacon is beautiful, but also expensive. Is it worth the money and does it not get too crowded in high season? Ecotermales seems nice, but also small. Can you easily spend a few hours there?

2: How do you get to the hot springs from La Fortuna if you don't have a car?

9 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Hot springs

Take a taxi to Ecotermales. It sounds just like what you're looking for.

Level Contributor
46 posts
2. Re: Hot springs

Tabacon is worth it 100%, from La Fortuna you can take a taxi, the charge $22 each way or you can book the Unlimited Arenal Shuttle Pass just for $15 per person, and you can use it as many times as you want.

Pura Vida.

long island , new...
Level Contributor
211 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Hot springs

I read somewhere that there is no such thing as the unlimited arenal shuttle pass ?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
8,099 posts
268 reviews
4. Re: Hot springs

I'd go with Eco Termales if you like quiet and natural; they limit the number of people who can get in so it doesn't get as crowded, and it's owned by a local family. We spent a few hours there and even had dinner there.

Level Contributor
46 posts
5. Re: Hot springs

Hello If it exists for more than a year if you ask the tour operators they will tell you that it does not exist since they prefer to sell the tours, you can contact them at the website:

http://arenalunlimitedshuttlepass.com/

Pura Vida

long island , new...
Level Contributor
211 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Hot springs

that link leads nowhere?

long island , new...
Level Contributor
211 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Hot springs

find another link - seems like the unlimited shuttle pass doesn't stop near AOL - so wont be helpful

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
10,353 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Hot springs

@7, AOL has a local shared shuttle you can book at the reception for US$8 pp one way, the daily schedule is here - https://www.arenalobservatorylodge.com/share… . It goes to La Fortuna. From there, a lot of tours start, attractions pick up, etc.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
53,021 posts
119 reviews
9. Re: Hot springs

Just take a taxi is not that bad...and support ECO TERMALES great place...good food and own by a local costarican family

roadadvisor

Reply to: Hot springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted