We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

Seymour, IN
Level Contributor
131 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

I am looking at staying here(Nayara Resort) and wondering how far of a walk/drive it is to restaurant, shopping and/or nightlife. Thanks!

Edited: 16 August 2018, 08:53
8 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

You can't walk anywhere but it's a short drive to most places of interest. There isn't a lot of night life in the area.

2. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2018, 18:31

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

There are many nice properties in the La Fortuna area but all of them are too far to walk. The taxi fares are reasonable, though. Don't be dissuaded by that. For the cost of Nayara (just about the most expensive hotel in the area) $5 here and there shouldn't matter.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

I agree, and there's not much in the way of shopping, etc. in the area either.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

If you're referring to La Fortuna, there are many places to shop for souvenirs, restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, and offices of tour operators. This is the local place to do some shopping.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

I don't consider restaurants shopping. Shopping certainly isn't a tourist draw like the op was asking for. Someone staying at Nayara probably doesn't need a lot of groceries.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

I was also referring to the many souvenir shops in La Fortuna. Not everything is high quality but with some patience, there are treasures to be found.

There's also a very good art gallery and several shops that sell hand-crafted jewelry and Guatemalan embroidered goods. I'm not sure what other type of shopping most tourists would be looking for.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,640 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities

We've spent a lot of time there and haven't found anything very interesting or anything that we would purchase. I'm glad you've had better luck.

Reply to: Nayara Springs Resort distance to town/activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...