We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs

Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
Hot Springs

Me and my boyfriend are spending a week in CR for our birthdays in November. We will be spending 3 nights at Hotel Mountain Paradise. We are a young couple (28) and looking for recommendations on which hot spring in the area to go to, and possibly a couples massage as well. Thank you!

16 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,883 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Hot Springs

Eco Termales...nice place own by locals...hard working people...nice and romantic place...good food...also a litte more expensive but also very nice....TABACON

roadadavisor

Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Hot Springs

Eco Termales gets my vote too. Not all about the party, but about relaxation.

La Fortuna de San...
11 posts
3. Re: Hot Springs

I agree with both, in the middle of a garden, surrounded by rocks. They limit the amount of people and food is great. Let me know if you have more questions.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,645 posts
265 reviews
4. Re: Hot Springs

Yes, we like Tabacon for fancy and Eco Termales for smaller, charming, and locally owned. Tabacon is a bit of a splurge, but they're known for their spa.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
51 reviews
5. Re: Hot Springs

I also vote for Ecotermales but have a question for others who have been there more than once.

Years ago there was definitely a limit to the number of visitors. When we were there last, March 2017, there was a large tour group and it was crowded until they left. I was assuming that this was an exception.

I just checked their website, though, and didn't see anything about the limit to number of visitors. Does anyone know if it's gone?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Hot Springs

I went to Las Lagos when I was there and really enjoyed it. hotelloslagos.com/servicios-piscinas.html. You can buy a day pass and they have a small butterfly garden and swim up bar with several pools and a nice restaurant. Just another option...

7. Re: Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2018, 21:12

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
51 reviews
8. Re: Hot Springs

These are some, not all, of the options in the area. The descriptions are all so flattering; there's no way to know any disadvantages without reading actual posts from TA members.

Accurate up-to-date information is better provided by going directly to the venue websites. The limit at Ecotermales is 150, not 100 (I just contacted them about it today).

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,645 posts
265 reviews
9. Re: Hot Springs

Does Eco Termales offer massages? I can't remember from the last time we went.

We've met a lot of people in their 20s who like Baldi, but we've kind of avoided it because of its reputation for being more of a party scene.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
51 reviews
10. Re: Hot Springs

No massages there.

Reply to: Hot Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted