We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qamea Resort drink prices

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qamea Resort drink prices

I have noticed several reviews in print and various websites mentioning very pricey cocktails at the Qamea Resort. Can anybody out there provide some specifics? My wife and I are considering a trip there soon and would like to plan ahead for carrying enough cash for such things (a week or 10 days' worth of drinks for 2 folks will add up, I'm sure!).

Thanks...

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

Thanks all for your feedback and especially to Bryce for the detailed information. My initial post was triggered by a guidebook review I read that mentioned "astronomical" drink prices. That definitely does not seem like the case at all, and I feel pretty silly for even brining it up in the first place.

I am heading to Qamea in February, so I'm looking forward to seeing some of these cocktails up close and in person!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! As far as the drinks, some of the prices just didn't seem to make sense. As I posted before, we'd be charged $11FJ for a cranberry and vodka but $18 for a Margarita, and then not be charged at all when my husband ordered a Long Island Iced Tea. In any event, I don't think the prices at Qamea were any higher than any other similar resort.

Melbourne, Vic
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

Great to see the co-owner of the resort coming on here and taking the time to clear up the allegations.

Well done Bryce :)

sydney
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

Prior to my Qamea stay whenever I read negative comments, I was impressed and swayed by the management's response and always thought that the complaining guests were petty and picky. I gave Qamea an unfavourable review and sure enough the management was very prompt in their response but with all the wrong facts. They claimed I never participated in the resort activities. I attended the cooking class, a kava preparation and a traditional kava ceremony. They claimed I never ate in the dining room. I had 3 lunches and 2 dinners there. I was there 3 nights, they claimed 5. They blamed language for my sweet French toast but my request was made in writing. They said I am single, I'm not I'm very married but was just travelling alone to get away from work and family. Because of the latter they jumped to the conclusion that I wanted to be left alone. They claimed I never mingled with the guests, I chatted to Michael and Beth and David and Emma. They said I chose a romantic couple's resort. When I wrote to enquire about rates, they tempted me with a discount because "we would really love to have you come visit our little slice of paradise in Fiji." So what I want is TA participants to be more discerning. Qamea may suit some people but my review is to help people who has similar tastes as myself not to make the same mistake. Vinaka.

25. Re: Qamea Resort drink prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Qamea Island