We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance with our trip to Qamea

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Assistance with our trip to Qamea

My husband and I are going to Qamea at the beginning of May. We booked our trip with Costco and have now discovered the advantages of booking with an agent who really knows Fiji and Qamea. We have heard that other agents have passed along pages of tips and information for the trip. If any of you are willing to share this information with us, we would so appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Assistance with our trip to Qamea

We were married at Qamea in October 2008. We loved everything about this resort. You will find excellent accommodations, staff, food, snorkeling and diving.

If you request it, the staff will bring your dinner to your bure. We had several private candlelit dinners on our porch overlooking the ocean.

Make sure you find out what night they are having the Meke ceremony, and don't miss it. It is a night filled with song and dance with native Fijians.

The tours to Bouma falls and the Lavena coastal walk are beautiful and well worth doing. The scenery is something out of a postcard, and you can swim in the pools below the falls.

We also loved the village tour and the Sunday church service. The kids are to die for. If you wish, take some candy or small gifts (pencils, pens, bubbles, t-shirts) for them. They are so sweet and genuine.

Don’t waste valuable luggage space with shoes. All you will need is flip-flops, and shoes for hiking, as no one wears shoes inside the restaurant, even in the evening. We did, however, dress up a bit for dinner although that is not required.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have further questions.

Piha
4 posts
2. Re: Assistance with our trip to Qamea

I would recommend emailing the resort directly as we did. Always received quick and very useful replies.

3. Re: Assistance with our trip to Qamea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 21:22
Get answers to your questions about Qamea Island