We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adversarial management

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Adversarial management

It seems there is a wide range of experiences at Qamea. I consider myself and my husband to have had a mixed experience, but I can definitely say that the owner's combative and petty response to my 3 star review was shocking. I have never been treated so poorly by any hotel management-and yes, I am well travelled. I had constructive criticism and so do others but Qamea so far seems to ignore these suggestions. Placing surveys on people's beds every night is pretty pointless unless you listen to the feedback and remain PROFESSIONAL. The people of Fiji are very nice but I cannot say the same about the management.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Matangi Private Island Resort
Matangi Private Island Resort
#1 of 1 hotels in Matangi Island
Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji
Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji
#1 of 1 hotels in Qamea Island
Maqai Beach Eco Surf Resort
Maqai Beach Eco Surf Resort
#1 of 1 B&Bs / Inns in Qamea Island
1. Re: Adversarial management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2009, 02:27
2. Re: Adversarial management

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2009, 02:19
New Zealand
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adversarial management

On our last trip to Fiji we stayed at three resorts over the course of two weeks, and Qamea Beach Resort and Spa was by far our favorite. The other two resorts were Likuliku Lagoon which we found to big and just not intimate or Fijian, and the other was the Westin which we always stay in for a few days to play golf before heading out to the islands. The food, gardens, underwater gardens for snorkeling, and the staff and management at Qamea, were first rate. We both arrived on Qamea resort sick with an intestinal disorder, and the management went way above and beyond the call of duty to make us comfortable and to find medical care. We will definitely include Qamea on our itinerary for our next visit to Fiji.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Likuliku Lagoon Resort
Likuliku Lagoon Resort
952 Reviews
Malolo Island, Fiji
4. Re: Adversarial management

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Qamea Island