We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

My husband and I are *almost* sold on Fiji for our next anniversary....we would like to do a 4 day Gold Club Blue Lagoon cruise and a 7 day stay at Qamea.

Qamea sounds beautiful, but I am concerend about the beach - it seems to be lacking in many pictures! Can anybody who has been there comment? We have traveled throughout the Caribbean - that is what we have to compare to.

Also - the weather. Seems to be a lot of cloudy sky in the photos (except for the glossy resort website photos!) We would like to go in early May...any thoughts/comments?

We really want to make this vacation special.... thank you in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
Blue Lagoon Beach Resort
1,499 Reviews
Nacula Island, Fiji
sydney
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

I was in Qamea in the second week of June and it rained almost constantly the 4 days I was day. I believe during that time it only rained 1 day in Nadi and the Yasawa area. So Qamea is wetter than the rest. The beach is a narrow strip though the island is beautiful. Most who have been there rave about Qamea but I'm in the other camp. It wasn't the weather that dampened my holiday, it just didn't live up to my expectations.

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Qamea Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

Bula Vinaka, I am one of the two owners of Qamea Resort & Spa, and I am happy to learn that you are considering our resort for your upcoming anniversary. If you do ultimately decide on Qamea, please make sure you book under the anniversary special package so you can take advantage of the free anniversary bonuses. Regarding your question of our beach, it is beautiful, precisely 1.8 kms in length, and with the exception of at very very high tides, fully walkable at high tide. I would be happy to send you many more pictures of our beach if you provide me with your email address. My email address is qameaowner@qamea.com. Regarding the weather on Qamea and the North generally, we are indeed a lush and tropical area in Fiji, and so more rain can be expected. It is certainly rare though that rain for 3 out of 4 days would occur, as the previous poster describes. Finally, almost all of the images on our website were taken last December, which is the wettest month of the rainy season in the north. All the best, Ron Eckstrom

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

Meesage to Ron - I tried to email you, but my message was returned saying that the address you gave didn't exist. Was there a typographical error?

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,314 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

Krig, no offense to your past travels but I would not give one nickel to ever set foot in the Caribbean again. I hated every minute I have been there and luckily it wasn't many. On the other hand I have spent over 1 year vacationing in the south seas since 1980. Way more beautiful, friendly you name it. Avoid the periods of Dec-March. Would you go to the Caribbean in July? Not me even if I liked the place. November would be pushing it. There are micro climates too. The Mamanuca and Yasawa areas of Fiji are known as the sun belt. Clear skies are more common than in he north. The biggest rule is avoid the main island. Pub

Mentioned in this post
Qamea Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

Bula Krig, my apologies, I mistakenly amalgamated my (very) old email address with the current email address. Please email me on: owner@qamea.com - and it will be sure to go through. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

6. Re: Beach and weather questions for Fiji/Qamea...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 21:21
Get answers to your questions about Qamea Island