We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Qamea brides out there?

London - UK
1 post
Any Qamea brides out there?

Hi,

We are thinking of getting married in this wonderful place, but a little nervous how I will cope on the actual day of our wedding (with no girly friends/bridesmaids) to help with hair, makeup, dress etc. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Tokyo via Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Any Qamea brides out there?

I am getting married there this July. Im sure the ladies there will help you!

San Francisco, CA
2 posts
2. Re: Any Qamea brides out there?

Hi,

I'm getting married at Qamea in 2 weeks. HOw did everything go? Who did your hair, would you offer any advice? I am starting to get nervous myself as I haven't had to do a thing, which is why we originally decided on a destination wedding, but now I am worried. What sort of decisions do you get to make? Did you go with a photographer?

Thanks and Congrats!

Jennifer

Tokyo via Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Any Qamea brides out there?

Be sure to get a make over first and have the stylist teach you how to apply. Be sure to choose something simple. I did my own makeup and hair. Sia will help you get dressed and prepare. I would have done it no other way! Enjoy! Qamea is wonderful. If you need a photographer or Videographer let me know! John and his wife did an excellent job!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Any Qamea brides out there?

We were married at Qamea on Oct 1st, 2008. The whole experience was amazing. Qamea Resort and Spa handed all the registration and marriage ceremony details in an expert and expedient fashion. We are so happy that we placed our wedding into the capable hands of Qamea, so that we could relax and enjoy the magic of the day! They are truly wedding experts.

Sia, the wedding consultant will help you into your dress, and with your hair. However, I agree with the previous poster Findusinfiji, that it is a good idea to work with your stylist at home prior to going to Fiji, so that you are confident in your ability to complete your own look. Sia was truly wonderful with handling all our wedding details. On our wedding day, she was like having a loving aunt attend to me. She even found special orchids for my hair. Not knowing what to expect, I was a bit concerned that a destination wedding could be a bit like a Las Vegas drive-through. Nothing could be further from the truth. The flowers were gorgeous, the Reverend was very warm, sincere and sentimental, plus the Fijian choir brought tears to our eyes.

Congratulations on your marriage.

Also, if you haven’t booked a photographer yet, we would highly recommend Yoshi from Ocean Studio Fiji. http://www.oceanstudiofiji.or.tv/

5. Re: Any Qamea brides out there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Qamea Island