We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

I have heard rumors that during 2018 Mana plans to change to a system in which you will be forced when booking to commit to a package that includes accommodation and for full meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

For me this will cause a very big increase in the cost of a holiday on Mana. I like a big breakfast and light dinner. Often a shared pizza or chips on the beach or a snack by the pool for lunch. Also how is this up front commitment for the cost of 3 meals a day going to work across the different restaurants on Mana? Will we all be forced to go to the Main restaurant for all 3 meals (and perhaps charged extra if we go to say the Asian restaurant?).

I would like to hear the views of Mana Management and Mana Regulars on these changes for 2018.

Edited: 04 September 2017, 19:07
7 replies to this topic
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

Bula Vicoz1 - I am the same as you - I have a decent breakfast and maybe a snack for lunch (biscuits/cheese, smoothie etc.) plus a light dinner. I cannot eat 3 big meals a day - we tend to put on extra pounds anyway when in Fiji ! I will speak with Mana today and see if there's any substance in these rumours. I believe presently if guests buy a full meal package (Breakfast, lunch & dinner, which is all buffet style) they can get 'credits' to eat at say South Beach a la carte restaurant - but as we know this has been closed to guests for some time.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

Bula - Yes all true. As from 1st April 2018, all room rates will be inclusive of three meals - (Breakfast/Lunch&Dinner). Inclusive for food only and does not include soft drinks or alcohol. It is for Buffet restaurant meals and CREDITS will apply for the other restaurants.

Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

Thanks Flicarose

Unfortunately I have gained the impression that these changes will cost our family more than double our previous costs (Accommodation and Meals). After more than 20 stays on Mana the proposed changes will mean that we will probably look elsewhere.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

After visiting Mana more than 30 times I agree with VICOZ1.It is a crazy decision.I do not want to eat and pay for 3 buffet meals a day and working out credits will be a challenge for the staff Love Mana but unfortunately they are pricing themselves out of the market.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

Yes well they are just coming in line with most of the other resorts because I believe some like me are eating up the beach (much Cheaper) at Ratu Kini Backpackers and Dive Resort

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

goodness me that would be horrible to be forced to buy meal plans !! we are going in November , I wonder what the cost is if you just buy breakfast ?

Can someone tell me the cost for just breakfast and the cost of meal plan for breakie and dinner?

thanks heaps

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018

If you read the post above you will see that the 'inclusive' package commences 1st April 2018 (next year). Breakfast presently is $40 per head.

Reply to: Mana Resort set to impose new Accom / Meals System in 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted