We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

I'm trying to shortlist restaurants for a brief (one night) side trip to Melaka. I have seen the above restaurant in Tamen Melaka Raya featured in food shows and food blogs but I can't find it on TA. What gives?

NB. We are there on a Tuesday night which seems to be the day that many places (presumably the touristy ones) are closed.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

Hi Ozgirl

Because Amy Restaurant is off the tourist belt, it is overlooked by tourists without own car. have not tried it (I get Nyonya food at home) but my local friend did and recommend it.

Restaurant reviews for Melaka in tripadvisor also tend to be made by foreign tourists who stick to dinning places in historic area.

If you google and find blogs from numerous food bloggers (mostly from KL), they can be quite a good indication with photos to look at. Many of these bloggers do have a food hunting history, so their taste could be quite reliable.

NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

Thanks for this info. We will definitely be giving it a try. The owner is cousin to Chef Florence Tan, a Nyonya expert. I've seen the restaurant and Florence on several Australian cooking shows and Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey. I'm perplexed that there is nothing on TA - or is everyone keeping this place a secret and I've just ruined it?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,438 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

Nothing to be perplexed about. There are literally hundreds of restaurants around, and not every one is listed on TripAdvisor.

Melaka, Melaka...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

hi, u can actually surf this website to find out what to eat in Melaka Raya, i believe there are some post there are talking bout Melaka Raya's famous nyonya food. http://www.melaka3.com/search/label/food

have a nice day in Melaka =D

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

Was reading ur post today as i was looking for the address of this restn. A born n bred nyonya malaccan took me there for lunch today and it was sensational. They pride themselves on serving authentic, unadulterated, unaltered nyonya food. All food was pre-ordered by my host so i dont know the actual menu names but i loved the assam fish, fried tofu with a special sweet chilli sauce, Ladies fingers/ okra with ulam. Finish up with cendol! Yummy! Definitely worth a visit!

NSW
Level Contributor
406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

So glad to hear that. I have copied your post for your recommendations. They don't have a web site and from reading blogs I know it is very small and they do run out of dishes so I have asked my hotel to make an early booking for dinner the only night we are there. Getting excited!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

This restaurant is now on trip advisor so dont forget to write a review!

8. Re: Amy Heritage Nyonya Cuisine - Why can't I find any reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:16