We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

North Wales
Level Contributor
558 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

We are going to Calangute next Tuesday 10th and welcome your advice on the best Steak in Calangute? The best Curry in Calangute? Your favourite Shack?

Staying at The Mira Hotel.

Thanks.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,140 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Best places by far for a fillet steak with beautiful fluffy mash are Sizzler(formerly Hot n cool) behind the Nizmar and The Spice Rack just up the road(same road as the Mira past the Hungry Horse) , Meerkat said that it was prbably the best steak she has EVER eaten.

260rps at Sizzler

270rps at The Spice Rack.

Fav shack is Alisto's

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Must agree with hotncool the steaks melt in your mouth

rosarios is the best shack but as its next to alistos and the chelsea shack id choose any its a great part of the beach

value for money for a curry try kishors next to the sports bar and for a great sunday dinner try the why not they do a wicked steak pie as well

sharon

north wales
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

The sizzling ice(formally Hot and cool) is superb for steak,they also do a mean cordon blue. Taste of India (next to Newtons) is good for currys, and down Holiday street Nirvanas is brilliant. But having said that, we have not had a bad meal while we have been here, We use Gregs Cafe, good food, reasonable prices and nice and quiet and friendly, just a couple of shacks down from alistos........ Hope you enjoy your holiday .....

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Where about is Hot n cool - and also where is the Nizmar exactly. I am staying at the Santa Monica and have been to Goa twice but just cannot place these places (mind you I do not have a good sense of direction!!!!)

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Hi PearlUns.

The Nizmar is next to the Santa Monica, on the other side of the lane.

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
986 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Hi

My daughter says she had the 'best curry ever' at Over The Flames on the Candolim road out of Calangute.

They made a roghan josh to her specification...

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Thank you so much

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Steaks at Sizzling Ice and Spice Rack are buffalo. They were very good but we knew it wasn't beef and checked with the manager who confirmed that it is buffalo that they import from Mumbai.

Still very good value though

Try Rising Waves in Candolim - around 360rp but always good.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

I really like both the steaks and curries at Fire and Ice on CSM Road which is just off the Baga Rd on the left as you head from Calangute to Baga.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best steak, best curry in Calangute.

Best steak I have ever tried in goa was at the oriental on holiday street it's a Thai restaurant but the steak is lovely and not the usual buffalo

Get answers to your questions about Calangute