We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DayTripper Goa

England
Level Contributor
34 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
DayTripper Goa

Hi there

Does anyone know if Day Tripper Goa are still going as I e-mailed them a few weeks ago about arranging a trip for us in February and they have not got back to me yet?

thanks

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DayTripper Goa

Yes...at least they were 4 weeks ago! Maybe they are just having problems with their internet, but they are deffo still there!

Susie.x

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DayTripper Goa

We went past the office on the local bus a few weeks ago and they looked open.

Unfortunately (for we customers, not them LOL) Eddie & Enid retired at the end of last season but I understood the business was continuing with the existing staff.

I must admit that, a few years ago, when we visited the shop a couple of times to ask about the Mumbai trip and Eddie wasn't there we didn't quite get as good service as we later did from Eddie personally.

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DayTripper Goa

As an alternative to Day Tripper, try Travel Inn at Calangute. We and lots of our long termer friends have used them for many years for various trips, and flights to other countries too. We did a 5 day Golden Triangle trip via them last season, and it was 40% less in price than the Day Tripper 3 day trip!!!

Travel Inn, Calangute - +91-632-2275546 Mob: +91- 9326113554. Email: travel_inn@sacharnet.in or travelinngoa@hotmail.com

Ask for Marlon Fernandez. He's a really nice, helpful guy.

Blues xxxx

Edited: 20 December 2010, 20:39
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DayTripper Goa

Hi,

We returned 8th Dec and yes they are still there, we did a trip with them to Cola beach and stayed in a Rajastani tent really fantastic, great food only 7 tents.Quite beach.

They do not take Debit Cards/Credit Cards has to be cash only. They did seem a bit disinterested.

Went with Davids Boat Tours, High St Calengute on the leff, to Hampi by train,

two nights three days, ITS A MUST..

Again was hoping to put all trips on the card but it had to be cash only.

Enjoy

Villaricos, Spain
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DayTripper Goa

Travel Inn at Calangute take cards I believe.

Blues

England
Level Contributor
34 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DayTripper Goa

Thanks for all your replies, I will be contacting Travel Inn this week.

ta

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DayTripper Goa

Still going, but avoid!! We had an awful trip and were promised money bac before we left Goa,never saw it, then were promised it back when we got home, and now there is no answer on any of the numbers or e-mail addresses they sent us. Tell everyone you know to avoid them, con artists

higham ferrers
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DayTripper Goa

Hiya!Daytripper alive and well!Just got back yesterday and we booked 5 great trips with them....simply the best!Can't wait to go back and hopefully fly to the Taj Mahal and see all those glorious sights!

Enjoy your holiday and have a great time!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DayTripper Goa

Don't book with Daytripper - nightmare experience, totally unprofessional service and certainly not as advertised, spent £833 for the most unacceptable Delhi/Agra trip you can imagine - hotels absolutely disgusting, meals not as expected, tour(s) very disappointing - don't even consider them - if you need details of our misfortunes please ask ....I can't tell you how bad it was ... so disappointing and my husband's blood is still boiling when he thinks of it all! Our advice - check every detail of your trip before you go, ask questions that the Indians won't want to answer no matter what excuses they give, but get an answer anyway no matter how long it takes and never stay in less than 4 star hotels .... honestly, trust us ....

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DayTripper Goa

My advice, from experience, don't go with them to Delhi/Agra - they're okay for the local trips but not further afield ... elephants trip was fab, anjuna market was great, delhi/agra was the worst trip we've ever done and the most expensive .... take care ....

Get answers to your questions about Calangute