We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation

Birmingham
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation

Hi

We are returning to Calangute in November, but struggling to choose a hotel. We need 2 rooms, as one is a single traveller so are looking for quality and budget. We've been several times, and have stayed in the Nizmar, which seems to have gone, and loved both the rooms and the pool. Have also stayed at The Osborne but no rooms on our dates. Last time stayed at SoMy but wasnt impressed by the pool or the rooms. However we loved the position of all these hotels so want a decent pool with sunbeds, and close proximity to the main street.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Allison

20 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation

Hi kevandalBirmingham

Have you considered the Santa Monica? It's just behind what used to be the Nizmar so it's in the right location.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation

Thanks for that - unfortunately fully booked for our dates!

Any knowledge on Ticlo Resort ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation

Nizmar has been rebuilt and still there. Ticlo resort is awful makes the osborne look 5star. Try the kamat opposite the osborne

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation

What used to be called Nizmar is now called bloom suites Calangute and is on Thomas Cook website on the link below

https:/…

Edited: 19 May 2018, 00:39
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation

Not stayed at Ticlo so I'm afraid I can't help there. Although a bit further, opposite Holiday Street, is the Ocean Palms. Our friends stayed there in March and loved it. The hotel looked lovely when we went there to meet them. It's about a 5 minute walk from Babutes.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation

Thanks for that - Ticlo definately off my list then - although did love The Osborne but that was in 2005 - not available for my dates.

Thanks to all for the advice - will check out Bloom Suites and Ocean Palms

Allison

Edited: 19 May 2018, 03:01
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation

Had drinks in bloom suites a few weeks back, nice pool area like nizmar.... friends liked the room, they had what were described deluxe over looking pool....

blackpool
Level Contributor
150 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation

try castle house stayed there 8 times see their website very nice hotel very convenient for main street and beach 10 minutes walk

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation

Try Casa Philomena. I think they have 2 bed apartments. Lovely place and spotless. Kirsty is so helpful. Read the reviews. We have stayed there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g…

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation

We have friends who stay at the Ticlo every year for three months, so it can't be that bad. I don't know what you are looking for in a pool, but the SoMy has the best you will find anywhere at your budget. Their rooms are being re-furbished, so maybe look at there again.

The Lambana is opposite the Ticlo, so in a good position, but we don't think that is as good as the SoMy.

Reply to: Accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calangute