We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area of beach

shropshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Best area of beach

Hi. Staying in GOA for first time. Staying at Hard Rick hotel. Need to know the best area for nice beach with comfy sunloungers, umbrellas & beach shacks to eat & drink at.

Do you pay for sunbeds?

What area should we ask tuk tuk to drop us at ?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
16 replies to this topic
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area of beach

Hi

You dont have to pay for sunbeds if you are using their shack/restaurant.Calangute beach is walk able for Candolim beach(better option)you will need Tuk Tuk.

Mentioned in this post
Candolim Beach
Candolim Beach
1,511 Reviews
Bardez, India
shropshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area of beach

How far is candolim?

Is there an area of nice beach with beach shacks in calungute ?

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,706 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area of beach

It's busy around the Calangute steps area of the beach, but the rest of the beach is the same as Candolim to be fair.

Just head to the beach and pick a shack you like the look of or turn left for Candolim turn right towards Calangute steps then onto Baga .

It's all one stretch of beach

Edited: 13 January 2018, 04:00
Mentioned in this post
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
shropshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area of beach

Thanks

Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area of beach

If I were you I'd had for beach (5 or 10mins walk) then turn left towards Candolim and it's starts getting quiet - most beach shacks are very good and beds are free if you drink or eat there

Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
shropshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area of beach

Thanks nick. Guess it’s case of walking and sussing our once there.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area of beach

Hi Jules , please let me know how your stay was at Hard rock hotel .. I will be staying there 5th February for two weeks. It's also my first time to India :)

Mentioned in this post
shropshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area of beach

You’re there before me then. We don’t go until 01/03 so likewise I’d be grateful for any advice. Especially re rooms . Can you pm on hers at all?

Didcot, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best area of beach

Go down to bottom of Holiday Street. Loads of beach shacks and not too busy. Never pay for sunbed, if they ask just move on to the next shack

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,962 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best area of beach

Take a taxi or tuc tuc down to the far end of Candolim from Calungute and tell the driver to take you to the "Calamari Shack" which is around 10-12 minute ride away. This is a very nice and quiet area of the beach with just a few shacks in the immediate area. Calamari Shack is very nice indeed but we use the sunbeds at the tideline directly in front of the shack. These (Blue) sunbeds are rented out by a lady called Tina for 100 rupees a day. She also has fresh towels for hire at 50 rupees a day and the young lad there will run and get your every needs, it's a great spot and we'll be back down there tomorrow as our current holiday closes in on us when we fly back to Birmingham on Friday. Have fun and really try this gorgeous area where the sea is very easy to enter and egress, there are always taxis at the Calamari shack for your return.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 02:16
Mentioned in this post
Candolim
Candolim
Bardez, India
Reply to: Best area of beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calangute