We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk Tuk

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Tuk Tuk

Traveling to Calangute 5/2/2017 can anyone tell me could I get a Tuk Tuk from Calangute to Panjim?

15 replies to this topic
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
85 reviews
11. Re: Tuk Tuk

The buses tend to stop running by 8.00PM, so get the bus before that, but at night it's tuk-tuks or taxis. I'd say tuk tuk for a short trip only, as they aren't the comfiest things.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
7,861 posts
1 review
12. Re: Tuk Tuk

I agree with Daniel P that the bus is an experience in itself.

We will get a tuk tuk at some point for our friends to experience it but will also get the bus for the experience.

We did Calungute to Panjim a few years ago and I swear you couldn't have fitted the skinniest of people on there, it was that packed, but somehow and I still don't know how, the 'conductor' still managed to get around to collect the fares.

It was an eye-opener for sure!

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
42 reviews
13. Re: Tuk Tuk

Agree the buses are a great way to travel, make sure you have small change for bus fare coins & small notes. You will soon be accomustomed to being as rude as the local travelers, you push & shove to get on the bus & grab a seat as soon as you can, no respect of age, gender just grab your seat, a seat for 2 will be taken by at least 3. 12 standing you must be jokeing more like 30 & they still get more on then you have the fun of getting off the bus at your stop. In saying all that I have traveled on the local buses many times over the years & it may not sound like it but good fun & another GREAT experiance to put down to Goa. Wonderful Place.

England, United...
Level Contributor
537 posts
36 reviews
14. Re: Tuk Tuk

I don't think I would feel very safe in a TUK TUK on very busy roads myself had a few scary seconds in a Taxi.Use them for short trips in the villages though ...

England, United...
Level Contributor
537 posts
36 reviews
15. Re: Tuk Tuk

JOE T.My 1st time on the village bus to Margoa was Christmas 19 years ago.Music for the trip JIM REEVES Christmas songs ..PRICELESS Loved it ..

Reply to: Tuk Tuk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calangute