We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooter Hire

yorkshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Scooter Hire

We are staying in Calangute in February. My Husband is a keen Motorcyclist, how do we go about hiring a Scooter please? Do we need to bring any documentation out with us? Thank you :)

14 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
109 reviews
1. Re: Scooter Hire

Plenty of scooter places about just need passport and driving licence. .. we always us Hildas which is located down the lane from St Michaels church.. great rates and always full of petrol...

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
777 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Scooter Hire

Also obtain an International Driving Permit from the Post Office/AA.

Calangute, India
Destination Expert
for Goa, Candolim, Calangute
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: Scooter Hire

Get an international driving permit ,easy way is from a major post office,(can also be got from A.A. Or R.A.C.)you need your current passport and a passport photograph,fill in form and they will deal with it there and then ,cost around £5 ,don't avoid this step police out there are clued up and will now often ask for it ,get your scooter from a reputable lender should have all paperwork with it check it ,usually kept under the seat ,either take your own helmet with you or buy one they are cheap in India,check your travel insurance make sure you are covered,,do it all properly and you won't have any trouble

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Scooter Hire

Make sure it has yellow plates as they are legally insured for rental, many individuals in Goa hire out there own scooters with white plates which are not insured for hire, they will tell you to say your friend lent it to you if police stop you.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Scooter Hire

Thank you so much ..... really appreciate you giving up your time to reply!

You've been extremely helpful

Thank you again ... Helen

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
6. Re: Scooter Hire

Good advice. An International driving permit from a UK post office costs just 4.50. All you need is your driving licence, a photo and its done. It will cover you, your insurance and any enquiries from busy body police looking for buckshee

Newcastle
Level Contributor
28 posts
7. Re: Scooter Hire

Hi can anyone tell me were in the Baga area I can buy a crash helmet ?

porthcawl uk
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
24 reviews
8. Re: Scooter Hire

As far as travel insurance is concerned, you will almost certainly not be covered unless you have a valid motorcycle licence in UK. I think most of the bikes for rent in goa are over 125cc.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
28 posts
9. Re: Scooter Hire

Thank's for the advice, fortunately I do have a full UK motorbike licence.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Scooter Hire

Forget a scooter....... get a 350 Enfield :) 4 of us did that last January spent 8 days riding stopping at a different place every night.

one of the best holidays and riding I have ever done.

Reply to: Scooter Hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations