We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irkutsk to Olkhon island

1 post
Save Topic
Irkutsk to Olkhon island

I plan to arrive at Irkutsk around 4 and want to go to Olkhon island striaght away ok that day. Would I be able to catch a bus to Olkhon around 4? I heard there is only 1 bus per day.

6 replies to this topic
California
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Irkutsk to Olkhon island

I have the same question, except that we will arrive in Irkutsk just after 2:30 p.m. It seems possible to leave Irkutsk in the afternoon and get to Olkhon Island before sunset in the summer, since the sun is up until late, but maybe only with a private car/driver?

Edited: 27 May 2018, 12:56
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Irkutsk to Olkhon island

There are 2 buses Irkutsk-Khuzhir(on the Olkhon island) per day.

09 30-15 21

13 00-18 51

Both are going from Cerntal Bus station("avtovokzal") reachable by:

4a tram or 64,20,80 buses from the railway station;

4k,42,43 buses from the airport

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Irkutsk to Olkhon island

Hi Min,

You can book your buses from here: https://avtovokzal-on-line.ru/

There are also mini-buses arranged by the hostel Baikaler - unfortunately these also start at 10 am and at 1 pm so you might have to travel to Olkhon the next day

California
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Irkutsk to Olkhon island

I found a private car transfer that can leave Irkutsk for Olkhon in the afternoon, but I want to make sure we can get across to the island on the ferry. Does anyone know how late in the evening the ferry to Olkhon operates in late June?

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Irkutsk to Olkhon island

4 of what? When did you travel Baikal?

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Irkutsk to Olkhon island

Hi!

Someone know hoy to book the bus from this page: https://avtovokzal-on-line.ru/ ?. When I select the date and the seats they ask me for a russian phone number where the can send by SMS the tickets, but I have a spanish phone number. So, Do you know how to book the tickets without a russian phone number?.

Thanks.

Reply to: Irkutsk to Olkhon island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olkhon