We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clear customs at Recife airport, does it take long?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Clear customs at Recife airport, does it take long?

Hello All,

We are arriving at Recife airport at 1.58 PM from Fernando de Noronha in August. And we have to take a first flight to Salvador. I found a flight at 4.22 PM with Avianca, which is not expensive, but I’m afraid not to have enough time between 2 flights. There is another flight at 5.20 with Azul, but it is much more expensive.

Could anyone tell me how long could take to clear customs, receive luggage and check-in again at Recife airport? Do you think 2.22 hours between flights is enough time?

Thanks in advance to all replies!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
26,261 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Clear customs at Recife airport, does it take long?

I think you would have more than enough time to make the 4:22 flight.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
7,194 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Clear customs at Recife airport, does it take long?

it sounds like plenty of time (unless there are some serious unexpected delays for unforeseen circumstances). REC airport is not that big.

furthermore, there is no "customs" to clear. Fernando de Noronha (FEN) island is part of Brazil, so a flight going from FEN to REC airport is a domestic flight. so, as soon as you pick up your luggage, you can walk straight to Avianca departure check-in/baggage drop-off area.

and you can look for info about recent on time performance for the FEN to REC flight. it may be buried somewhere in the website; but it is there.

also, to save a bit of time at the REC airport, you can use the web check-in function for the Avianca flight in advance:

http://www.avianca.com.br/en/web-check-in1

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Clear customs at Recife airport, does it take long?

Thank you very much for your answers!!! Now I'm relieved :-) ! I will go for Avianca flight ))

4. Re: Clear customs at Recife airport, does it take long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2017, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Recife