We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Olinda from Recife airport

Level Contributor
15 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Visit Olinda from Recife airport

Hello! This summer we'll arrive in Recife at 10 p.m. and have the plain to fernando de noronha the next day at 2 p.m.

I would like to visit Olinda, do you recommend me to sleep in Recife and then the next day get a taxi from Olinda and back to the airport, or do you recommend to sleep in Olinda and then go to the airport the second day? Will 3 or 4 hours enough to visit Olinda? Thanks!!!

1 reply
Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Olinda from Recife airport

Since you are arriving so late at the airport, you could stay at the Ibis Recife Aeroporto Hotel. Basically this is right in front of the airport. However the next morning you would have to battle the traffic to cross all of Recife in order to get to Olinda.

A good tour of the historic old area of the city can be done in three hours. So try to get up early and call an Uber or taxi and have breakfast in Olinda. I don't like going at such a late hour, well after you ten o'clock arrival if the plane is on time.

You say "summer" but in Brazil northern hemispere's summer is their winter. It could be raining. Also, bring good walking shoes since Old Olinda is cobblestone streets and lots of hills. It is a wonderful, charming and novel experience. However, if you don't speak the language you might try to get an English speaking guide. Also consult the pages on Olinda here in Trip.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g304…

Have a great trip!

BUM

Reply to: Visit Olinda from Recife airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted