We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

darjeeling trip during december 2011

Coimbatore, India
3 posts
darjeeling trip during december 2011

sir, we are from coimbatore, tamilnadu is interested in carrying out our LTC trip to darjeeling and gangtok from 25th dec 2011 to 1st jan 2012. i can spare 6 days in both darjeeling and gangtok. i have two kids aged 10 and 7 during the trip.. how about the weather condition at that time. will it affect our trip. will it be very cold..please advise whether it is right time or not to proceed to darjeeling during last week of december....i am tensed as well as excited... please guide me...advance thanks and new year greetings..

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,896 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: darjeeling trip during december 2011

Hi Mohan,

Darjeeling will be very cold in the last week of December, with slim chance of snowfall as well if the conditions are right. Take heavy woollen clothes for yourself and the children, and caps which cover their ears. The views will be brilliant, the skies will be clear, but the cold is indeed a factor. If you like cold conditions, then you will be in a for a great time. Make sure to pick a good hotel with room heater or the kids will be very uncomfortable at night. Gangtok will be slightly less cold than Darjeeling, but still very cold. Night temperature will be near zero in both places. Hope that answers your queries.

Coimbatore, India
3 posts
2. Re: darjeeling trip during december 2011

thanks for the kind information....i will keep posting for all my doubts and querries as and when arises..good night...

3. Re: darjeeling trip during december 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 15:19