We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
Save Topic
trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik

please advice how about the journey if i choose to go darjeeling from NJP via mirik.my travel date is 16th may 2018

4 replies to this topic
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,774 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik

Its a nice scenic journey, takes one hour extra than through Rohini or Pankhabari road. What else do you want to know ?

Level Contributor
383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik

Hello, welcome to the forum. You'll definitely enjoy the nice view. It will take extra time so the fare will be higher. Shared vehicle may not be available and please check the weather before deciding the route. Last week we traveled Darjeeling to NJP via Mirik and couldn't see anything due to heavy rainfall!!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
178 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik

Hi Amit,

In case you are arriving early in morning choose to Go Mirik lake route as you will enjoy Tea Gardens, Mirik lake, Pashupati Nagar (Nepal Border), Gopal Dhara Tea Gardens and fantastic views.

Personally I would suggest (if you plan is to return back from Darjeeling) to visit on last day enroute NJP/Bagdogra as you will be fresh and will enjoy views down the hills. While going up tiredness of train/flight journey and eagerness to reach Darjeeling before night may hasten things which otherwise be a fantastic scenic route as we did (goo.gl/Sfc5fN)

Hope it helps

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik

I'm also traveling today only n took a cab for 3k to Darjeeling via Mirik..

Reply to: trip from njp to darjeeling via mirik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Darjeeling