We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unmarried couples- mid June -

4 posts
Save Topic
Unmarried couples- mid June -

I will be travelling to Darjeeling around 13th June with my gf . We have a budget of 24,000 and want to spend 5nights and 4 days there. Can u suggest some good hotels that are safe and economical too. What are the fun activities in which we can participate there. What should be my plan for these 4 days. Is Darjeeling safe???

Mentioned in this post
Darjeeling
Darjeeling
Darjeeling District, India
Cedar Inn
Cedar Inn
#2 of 108 hotels in Darjeeling
Mayfair Darjeeling
Mayfair Darjeeling
#3 of 108 hotels in Darjeeling
Summit Grace Hotel & Spa
Summit Grace Hotel & Spa
#12 of 108 hotels in Darjeeling
7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

You will find a lot of cheap hotels there but make sure both of you should carry valid ID.

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

you can easily spend 4 night 5 days in your budget, and another thing Darjeeling is the only place where solo woman can travel.one of the TOP 10 Safest place in Asia is Darjeeling.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 20:24
Mentioned in this post
Darjeeling
Darjeeling
Level Contributor
368 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

First of all, Darjeeling is safe. Just take basic precautions. Your budget is OK unless you are doing something extravagant. Please take time to read the activities listed in the TripAdvisor and choose what you like. Hard to recommend hotels for you without knowing your budget for hotel and which place you prefer to stay. You can find hotels in online (read the rating and review before booking) or you can book when you are at Darjeeling.

Mentioned in this post
Darjeeling
Darjeeling
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

Thanks a lot... My budget for hotel is around 2k...and I m not thinking of something extravagant.. what fun things I can do other than sightseeing?? Can you suggest some good hotel in that range.... Preference would be away from city hustle and bustle

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

You should look for Hotels either near Station or a little away, on Jalapahar Road. Hotel Broadway Annex will be in your budget, if you can find booking. Be sure to carry valid ID like Aadhar card for all of you.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
780 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

Hi, North East is really safe, you don't need to worry about that.

A suggestion though you have enough days, you might want to try Gangtok or Pelling. these are very beautiful places near Darjeeling

Mentioned in this post
Gangtok
Gangtok
East Sikkim, India
Pelling
Pelling
West Sikkim, India
Darjeeling
Darjeeling
Gangtok, India
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unmarried couples- mid June -

Your plan for visiting Sikkim 5 Nights will be as below.

Day 1 Arrival

Day 2 Tsomgu/Nathula

Day 3 Lachen

Day 4 Gurudongmar lake

Day 5 Gangtok

Day 6 Dep

Since your budget is very low i would suggest you to take sharing cabs and Book hotels online.

Mentioned in this post
Sikkim
Sikkim
India
Reply to: Unmarried couples- mid June -
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted