We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic airport to Bandra Station

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
Domestic airport to Bandra Station

I am looking at flying from Chandigarh to Mumbai and then catching a train to the Gujarat.

Plane scheduled landing is at 13.50. The train i need to catch leaves at 14.50 from Bandra which I know is close by..

Is it possible to gather luggage, get to the Bandra via taxi, buy tickets and catch the train in 1hr during the day?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
585 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

Way too close call. You are planning to buy the train tickets on the spot? Highly unlikely that you will get the tickets. Advance booking is a must. But in any case I doubt if you would reach even if the flight landed bang on time. There are many trains going to Gujarat. Where do you plan to go? You can take an alternate train leaving later in the day. But I'd recommend advance booking even for that.

Coventry, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

Going to Navsari.

Dont want to advance book if I cant catch the train.

The next train is 17.10. Is is that difficult to buy at the station?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
585 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

Typically train tickets are not easily available on the spot. Very rarely.

In my opinion you are better off taking the 17.10 train and thus also booking the ticket in advance.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
585 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

Typically train tickets are not easily available on the spot. Very rarely.

In my opinion you are better off taking the 17.10 train and thus also booking the ticket in advance.

What date are you planning? Check on the indian railway website about the current availability. Its vacation time starting now until June for schools and lot of families travel during this time. So all the more doubtful.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

Completely agree with saneguy on both counts. You will not make the 13.50 train, so you should look to catching the 17.10. And yes, you do need to make advanced reservations for long distance trains.

Edited: 05 April 2012, 14:22
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

You do not have a chance of making Bandra terminus in the time period you have.............Most trains to gujarat are very busy, you would be well advised to book as far in advance as you can.

Your other option is to take the overnight sleeper coach with various buses leaving from early afternoon onwards.

Edited: 09 April 2012, 18:07
Coventry, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

looks like we are now flying from Chandigarh to Surat, via Delhi but will catch the train from Navsari to Mumbai then onto Goa.

Will book tickets before hand. Thanks for your advice.

8. Re: Domestic airport to Bandra Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:41