We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rickshaw hire in delhi?

Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rickshaw hire in delhi?

Hello lovely people

I am planning a trip in April 2018 for a few days to do the golden triangle. I was thinking to do the city tours by hiring a private rickshaw-man for the day peddle and motor.

What kind of money am i looking at per day?

Your advises always goes a long way.. kindest regards

2 replies to this topic
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rickshaw hire in delhi?

Hi ,

Peddle Rickshaw tour is recommended for Old Delhi visit - Red Fort , Jama Mosque , Chandani Chowk , Spice & dry fruit market area. You may arrive Chandani Chowk Metro station / Red Fort Metro Station by metro & Hire Rickshaw to visit. For other parts recommended to visit by hiring car & driver. Tuk Tuk is recommended to visit 01 or 02 sights not for entie day, specially in summer.

02 Hours Peddle Rickshaw Charges will be almost US$ 5.

Hari Mangal

Agra, Uttar...
Level Contributor
981 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rickshaw hire in delhi?

Paddle rickshaw is a good activity in old delhi area only. Since it is very crowded and the way they go cross that crowd is simply exciting. But you can 't use it outside the old delhi area as it will be out of the physical strength of the puller to take guests to the monuments which are distantly placed.

Tuk tuk as suggested to you will be a good option for 1-2 monuments. As you will be visiting in April it gets pretty warm. Secondly there is no protection from outside pollution in a tuk tuk. So if you are sitting in for the entire day and if you are not habitual than by the evening you may feel some common problems like irritation in eyes due to pollution.

Reply to: Rickshaw hire in delhi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted