We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik to Budva

Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik to Budva

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the best way to get from the airport at Dubrovnik to Budva please?

Thank you in anticipation!

Jenny

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,198 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik to Budva

Get a driver online, they pick you up outside the Gate and drop you off at your hotel/apt and it is really not that expensive. That way you have a fixed price that you agree on and have no surprises.

A cheaper version would be via bas, which basically drives the same route. I am not to familiar with the Dubrovnik Airport, maybe someone local can chip in, but usually in the area you would take a taxi to the bus station and go from there. You on vacation, I think it is worth to pay maybe €20 and take a driver.

Just google Driver Dubrovnik to Budva and use one. I did that last year(from Podgorica) and my driver was great

Edited: 13 May 2018, 23:57
Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Budva
Budva
Podgorica
Podgorica
Podgorica Municipality, Montenegro
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,198 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik to Budva

ugh, I can not edit anymore. I wanted to write, maybe pay €20 more and take a driver. Avoid the taxis unless you just go for quick trips. They are known to rigg there meters, not all, but I personally always have one that does.

In Budva, unless you are staying in the mountains, you really need no taxi as you can walk anyplace or use the little shuttle bus that runs from Budva via Becici, Milocer to Sveti Stefan every 10 minutes at a cost of €1.50(2017 prices) Every 2 hours it goes all the way to Petrovac, which is also a nice beach town worth to visit

Edited: 14 May 2018, 00:05
Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Becici
Becici
Sveti Stefan
Sveti Stefan
Petrovac
Petrovac
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik to Budva

Hi It's approximately €80 for a transfer from Dubrovnik airport to Budva. I have been looking at a few different options, one was get the bus into Dubrovnik and then get a bus to Budva but I don't think these are very frequent . Also I was going to book a taxi to Herceg Novi which is roughly €40 then get the bus to Budva. The final decision was to book a transfer with the people I am renting the apartment from. It isn't the cheapest option but it's very convenient and less hassle. Hope this is a help.

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik Airport
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Budva
Budva
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi Municipality, Montenegro
Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik to Budva

Thank you

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,198 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik to Budva

I think the bus runs 5 times a day between Dubrovnik and Budva. It is a option, while public transportation is rather good in the area and easy to use, I would still take a driver from the Airport, just out of convinience. After a flight I am in no mood to take a taxi to the bus station and off from there, maybe even have to wait for hours. Nah, get a driver. These are very proud people and will also tell you so much about there country. Well worth the extra money spent

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Budva
Budva
Reply to: Dubrovnik to Budva
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted