We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrae taxi

carlisle
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Terrae taxi

I have been quoted a return price from Tivat airport to Budva by Terrae taxis, they are a asking for the full payment when I arrive, payable to taxi driver. Is this normal to pay full return fare initially? Reading the reports on Taxi firms in Montenegro it is a little bit daunting, seems to be a lot of scamming of customers. For a holiday destination surerly this should be addressed, I am starting to regret booking Montenegro, should I. ??

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,219 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terrae taxi

Do not let a taxi ruin your trip to this beautiful country and incredible people.

It is actually not a scam usually. I go every year and pay the price, but not in cash, but rather credit card so I can cancel the payment.

I can only speak for my own experiences, but I was always picked up by a driver at the Airport and at the apt or Hotel on the way back. Never a problem. I am not aware of this particular company, but usualy it should be ok

Durham
Level Contributor
180 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terrae taxi

I used them before and they were fine (though I only went one way and it was a couple of years ago). Is it a return deal (so cheaper than a taxi there and back on their own - so under €30 return in their case)? You can book one way at about that price (€15) with them, then if you don't fancy it go with another firm when there?

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terrae taxi

You can't regred with them, they are operating for many years.

It's few euro cheaper if you book return transfer, but one way would be ok too. If you pay in advance usually the transfer is 100% guarandeed. Anyway 15 or 30€ is not big money... You shouldn't worry about Montenegro, people there is 120% fair.

Mentioned in this post
england
Destination Expert
for Montenegro
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terrae taxi

In general I would agree with you, Nikola. However I would exempt the taxi rank in Tivat from that general umbrella of trust, it is like jumping into a snake pit. I NEVER recommend anybody use the Tivat taxi rank. Always book your own driver or taxi when arriving at Tivat.

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
108 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terrae taxi

I’ve used this company before and I recall paying in full on the first leg of the journey. I was a little anxious about doing so but we didn’t have any problems.

They were very competitively priced from what I remember.

Reply to: Terrae taxi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted