We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore to Tioman

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
63 posts
66 reviews
Singapore to Tioman

Hello! we are a group of 5 planning to use a short holiday at Tioman from Singapore. We will be travelling from Singapore on 21st June early morning by road, & leave Tioman on 23rd June to catch a late night flight from KL. Our plan is only enjoy the time & not roaming around much. My questiins are:

1. Is it a realistic trip? Do we have any better option other than Tioman?

2. How much time should we consider for SG to Tioman & Tioman to KL by road? (or the other alternate to Tioman)

Help please!

3 replies to this topic
Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
12,992 posts
209 reviews
1. Re: Singapore to Tioman

Have a look at this - https:/…Tioman-Island

It’s an awful lot of travelling for just one day on Tioman.

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
63 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Singapore to Tioman

Thanks for the suggestion, ut does look like a lot of traveling. Can you suggeat any easier place in Malaysia for this time?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
3. Re: Singapore to Tioman

The question of travel to Tioman from Singapore is a tricky one. By bus- you are going to do quite a bit of jumping off one bus on to another, especially between the checkpoints. This is unavoidable.

By plane- this looks to be out of the question as I write- due to the Berjaya flight being out of service atm. A good option if it is running.

By private car- this is the option we took. $220SD, The good point is that it is door to door, and so pretty convenient. The trip time can vary. This is all about the traffic, especially between the checkpoints into Malaysia. Trip time from Changi is between 3- 5.5 hours. We were stuck between the checkpoints for 1.5 hours, so our trip was 5hours 20 mins. Lucky we had a good driver and a comfortable car. We used Johor Transport- they were fine.

Then there is the question of the ferry. 2 companies vie for your business pretty aggressively- one is Tiomanferry.com and the other is Tiomanferrytickets.com. We went with the former, and they were fine. David Lee in shop 21 at Mersing ferry terminal issued the tickets and even gave me a lift on his motorbike to the local atm to get some ringets. The trip to the island with Blue Water Discovery was smooth. And only 1,5 hours.

One day is not enough for Tioman- I’d say a minimum 2 days stay, but try for longer. We are staying 3.5 days and am sure will be sad to leave. Very beautiful island! Now back to the buffet breakfast at the Berjaya.

Edited: 03 July 2018, 10:43
Reply to: Singapore to Tioman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted