We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Vung Tau

Which Vung Tau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Vung Tau

Hi, I am planning to visit Vung Tau/Phuoc Tinh in June. Any suggestions of where to stay would be helpful. Looking for clean bed and bathroom, doesn't have to be fancy.

Would I be able to take my luggage with me on the hydrofoil? Is there a weight limit? I plan to stay one night only.

Thanks,

Maddie

glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Vung Tau

Hi

I have visited Vung Tau for several years now on marine business.

There is no weight restriction for luggage on the ferry to Vung Tau but just be careful when boarding with heavy cases as it can be dangerous.

Use the local labour and tip them 1 US Dollar or 30,000 dong but keep an eye on your luggage until it is on board.

Watch out for the taxi touts when you arrive at the terminal and agree a price to destination first as it saves any problems later.

I am going back to Vung Tau in May and if you have any other questions you need answered just let me know.

There are plenty of good places to stay but depends on your budget.

I have stayed in the Rex Hotel , The Petro House ( very reasonable ) uses to be used by the Russians during the cold wae and i currenly stay at the Imperial but rather pricey.

Regards

Stewart Davis

Glasgow ,

Scotland

2. Re: Where to Stay in Vung Tau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Vung Tau