We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aong beach - phi phi??

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
aong beach - phi phi??

Hi, i am heading to Krabi and staying on Aong beach, is this a good choice or is Railay beach resort a better stay?

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,759 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,155 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

I think you mean Ao Nang Beach. Ao Nang Beach is the main tourist area in that region, but if you are looking for clear waters and white sand then Ao Nang is not the place, it's mostly a beach where long tail come to drop off and pick up people for day tours, there's a strip of shops, restaurants and bars on the beach road and non of the hotels are really beach front except Krabi Resort. Railay Beach, which is 15 minutes by long tail boat from Ao Nang is much more laid back, little night life apart from around the bars and restaurants, no road to speak of (no annoying tailors), the beach on the east side is lovely and very scenic (the west side is mud flats and mangroves).

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang Beach
Ao Nang Beach
5,716 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi Resort
Krabi Resort
1,494 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,759 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

Great thanks for your help.

i would like to be near a few bars and nice restaurants, will Railay Bay be too reserved?

I am looking for a nice hotel in Krabi, with nice surroundings and bars and restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
Railay Bay Resort & Spa
2,343 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

Try this website about Railay:

www.railay.com/railay/intro/intro.shtml

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

thanks! still confused where to go!!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,155 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

What time of year are you looking at?

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

Going Boxing Day, am thinking to stay in koh Tao now?!

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,155 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

I was going to suggest the east coast, however, it is the tail end of monsoon season on that side so you might find the weather very changeable and the sea conditions rough on and off, also it is a very busy time of year so you will need to sort out accommodation asap as I know Koh Phangan is almost booked up over that period due to the Full Moon Parties. Sairee Beach would probably suit you, although it will be packed in December.

Thong Nai Pan on Koh Phangan would fit the bill for you too, but as I said may well be booked up now.

Edited: 08 November 2012, 08:53
8. Re: aong beach - phi phi??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2013, 21:16
;