We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for half moon party

ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for half moon party

Myself and my partner are travelling to thailand in july and going to do half moon on the 6th. I know it's a long time away but just want to get all sorted

I'm unsure anout where to stay. Either on baan tai or haad rin?? We are going to spend 3 nights in total from the 5th till the 8th.

Iv been looking at a few hotels which are;

Le devine comedie

Cocohut beach resort and spa

Phangan bayshore hotel

Sunset beach villa

We would like somewere with easy travel to half moon and also to have a some other bars/restaurants and nightlife within walking distance

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

4 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
513 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for half moon party

Baan Tai.

Puts you closer to the HMP location, and closer to Thong Sala. The road between Thong Sala and Baan Tai has lots of restaurants and bars. If not walking distance, a quick ride away.

I've stayed at Coco Garden and Koh Phangan Beach Resort. Love the bungalows and vibe and CoCo Garden, but it doesn't have a pool. We're staying at Milky Bay Resort on our upcoming trip. Check them out as well.

One advantage Haad Rin does have over Baan Tai is the better beach. For swimming and just hanging out in the water it's so much better than Baan Tai. So you need to decide what's important to you.

ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for half moon party

Thank you for your reply.

If we do choose haad rin would it be easy to get to half moon and back? Presumably a taxi ride?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,015 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for half moon party

Yes, you could easily get from Haad Rin to the half moon part and back by taxi.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,110 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for half moon party

Having just been to Koh Phangan and visited both Ban Tai and Haad Rin I would say Ban Tai wins hands down. Closers to the HMP, much more of a vibe going on there and the beach at Haad Rin is wrecked with lots of broken glass under the sand - really dangerous.

Reply to: Where to stay for half moon party
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted