We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro or Kuna?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Euro or Kuna?

Hi, we are staying in Trogir this April and would like to know if we should bring Euros or Kuna or a 50/50 mix as our spending money? Also are debit cards widely accepted in local restaurants.

Regards

Dougie

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
514 reviews
1. Re: Euro or Kuna?

Don't take euros - they aren't widely accepted and you will be offered a poor exchange rate and there's no point paying for two exchanges.

Some restaurants take cards, but about half are cash only in my experience. I have only tried credit cards, not debit cards.

USA
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Euro or Kuna?

If you are spending cash, it needs to be Kuna. Since you seem to be posting from the UK, I'm not clear why you would bring Euros -- you'll just have to change money twice, and lose a bit of money each time. You can bring pounds and change them, or bring plastic and use ATMs to withdraw Kuna as you need them.

(We never used debit cards in restaurants and stores, but did use them to get Kuna. We used some credit cards.)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
62,348 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Euro or Kuna?

All you need is kuna as everyone will accept them..that can not be said for Euros.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Euro or Kuna?

Kuna it is then! Thanks for info.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Euro or Kuna?

We travel a lot thru Europe so we have a sum of Euros already we could use, certainty enough to last 5 days that is why i wondered if we could use them or best to bring Kuna.. we'll use euros in September, thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
62,348 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Euro or Kuna?

I'm sure you could get rid of some of the Euro at some places, but definitely not all.

Shrewsbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canary Islands
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
664 reviews
7. Re: Euro or Kuna?

Save your Euro's for another trip, you won't get their full value in Croatia.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,027 posts
77 reviews
8. Re: Euro or Kuna?

You may be quoted for accommodation in Euros but the currency is the kuna and the exchange rates will be devised by the person offering to take your Euros.

9. Re: Euro or Kuna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2018, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Trogir
Recent Conversations