We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Needed - Where to stay in or near Trogir?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Advice Needed - Where to stay in or near Trogir?

My partner and I are planning 2 weeks in Croatia - 21st June to 4th July this year. Our itinerary is Rovinj, Sibenik (Krka Lakes day trip), Korcula then in or around Trogir (we are flying out of Split). All accommodation is booked except in Trogir. As yet I haven't done alot of research about Trogir, things to do and areas to stay. I've read on this forum that the flight path goes over this area but I'm not sure exactly where - can anyone tell me? Is this really a problem? Also, my partner will be doing some work while we're in Trogir and I will be left to my own devices. We will have a car but ideally I'd like to walk. I'd like to perhaps walk to a beach, sit and have a coffee at a cafe, people watch, see some old buildings and wander in and out of shops. I see that there are beaches on Otok Ciovo but not sure where they are in terms of distance to Trogir itself. Does anyone have recommendations or advice which area would be good?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,989 posts
170 reviews
1. Re: Advice Needed - Where to stay in or near Trogir?

Okrug Gornji on Ciovo or Seget Donji, not far from Trogir, rather than Trogir itself.

UK
Level Contributor
366 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Advice Needed - Where to stay in or near Trogir?

Five years ago we stayed here: - booking.com/hotel/hr/kuca-klaudija.en-gb.html

Lovely apartment and owner; it's a very short walking distance over the bridge to the old town in Trogir, and there are also great walks you can do across Ciovo itself, which will lead you to quiet coves with little restaurants (Klavdija will tell you about them).

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Advice Needed - Where to stay in or near Trogir?

The flight path is not a problem as regards noise. If you stay on Ciovo near Okrug Gornji harbour you can get water taxis into Trogir very easily. If you stay in centralTrogir you can get buses or the boat to Split.

4. Re: Advice Needed - Where to stay in or near Trogir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Trogir
Recent Conversations