We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trogir 1st visit some questions - parking and new bridge

UK
Level Contributor
684 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trogir 1st visit some questions - parking and new bridge

Hi,

Thinking of staying in a villa near Okrug Gornji in Ciovo at the end of June/early July, and thought we could drive to the bridge to park on the island side and walk over to Trogir at night to sample its restaurants - is this feasible, is there ample free parking near the bridge? It's too far for me to walk there from the villa. I guess there are some nice restaurants in Okrug Gornji too on some nights but it would be nice to get the atmosphere in Trogir.

Is the new bridge still on schedule for completion next June as this will help us if we're staying on the island as we will have a car for day trips?

How often are the ferries from Split to Hvar as we fancy popping over there one day? Is it best to take the car or leave it in Split? Unless there are other ferries or boat trips from Trogir?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Split
Split
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Five Island Speedboat Tour Featuring...
90 Reviews
from USD 130.80*
Free Cancellation
Krka Waterfalls and Sibenik Tour from...
36 Reviews
from USD 71.30*
Free Cancellation
Split and Trogir Half Day Tour from...
12 Reviews
from USD 47.60*
Free Cancellation
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trogir 1st visit some questions - parking and new bridge

see response I've made on the other posts :-)

Usa, Japan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Trogir 1st visit some questions - parking and new bridge

take the water taxi from okrug gornji harbor to trogir riva.....20kn one way

Wirral
Level Contributor
93 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trogir 1st visit some questions - parking and new bridge

Though we have holidayed in the Trogir area 3 times in the past 3 years,we have not used a car.It is ,of course,expected that completion of the new bridge will do much to relieve traffic congestion between Trogir and Ciovo.Concerning completion date of the bridge,I get the impression that these building projects in Croatia often take longer than planned.I suspect that it may not be easy to find parking on the Ciovo side of Trogir.There is a frequent water-taxi service from Okrug Gornji to Trogir,a much more pleasant way of making the journey than driving,and at that time of year the boats should be at least half-hourly.There is also a boat which runs from Trogir to Split a few times daily.For ferry times to Hvar and other islands(Brac is also a good destination)go on the website for Jadrolinija ferries(a very cheap way of seeing the islands).There are several operators running boat trips from both Okrug Gornji and the Ciovo shore of Trogir town to Solta island.

Mentioned in this post
Trogir
Trogir
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Brac Island
Brac Island
4. Re: Trogir 1st visit some questions - parking and new bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2018, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Trogir