We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Anyone in hvar have anymore info as to when/if the hop on off bus will be running. googling a few reports including a t.v news report said it would be back in the summer of 2013. but hvar tourist board said they dont have any info at present.

if its not running we will hire a car for a day as it doesnt seem feasable to see jelsa and starigrad in one day by bus.any recommendations for car hire for a day in hvar town

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
406 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Thanks Hvar15. I'm disappointed sbout the bus but glad that at least I now know and can organise my day in Hvar with all the relevant info to hand.

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Thanks for the info. shame they are so disorganised. still waiting on the summer timetable for the buses.otherwise have to hire a car

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
406 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Without bus info its impossible. I'm going to spend the day in Hvar town only and just get the bus to stari grad for the 1730 ferry. A hop on hop off bus would have been ideal

As I could have made my way to stari from hvar town just after lunch and stopping off at a couple of village's on the way.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
406 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Hvar was sensational.I recommend it .We walked up to the fortress. very beautiful. great views from there too. Bus from Hvar town to stari grad is in an obvious place. ran on time. nothing to worry about!

Andalucia, Spain
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

Totally agree munster. we loved it!! shame about all the drunk teenage english rah rahs though! we hired a car for the day drove to jelsa vrboska and stari and drove back over the mountains

16. Re: hop on and off tourist bus/carhire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Hvar