We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 2013 Amfora Hvar

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
June 2013 Amfora Hvar

Hi all.. I am looking to travel to Hvar and stay at the Amfora hotel in June 2013.. My two options are the first week of June or the first week of July.. The July option is much more expensive..

If I were to go in June does anyone know what the weather will be like? We would be arriving Jumd 1st? Will Hvar have started to get busy by then or wil it lack atmosphere? Any advice?

Thanks..

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

Well there will be some people and all clubs, bars and restaurants will be open but it wont be really busy...

The weather should be nice and you can enjoy in sun and the sea in Juliy.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,551 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

July and August are the real party months and it is reflected in pricing. Hvar will be really busy in July too. So if you want full-on party time, crowded with people go for July and if not for June. Early June is a lovely time and I regularly swim then.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

Thanks for the responses, Roughly what temperature is Hvar in early June? Will there be a good atmosphere around town? Restaurants etc?

I am not bothered too much by a major party scene just want good weather, nice atmosphere etc..

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

www.hvarinfo.com/hr/klima-otoka-hvara.htm

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
176 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

We sailed into Hvar the last week of May 2012 and it was HOT and lovely. We were told it was the Croatian Riviera...and it lived up to that. There were lots of chartered sailboats in the harbour. Quite an atmosphere. Beautiful place to wander around in.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
524 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

If xou want more fun, you definitely need to choose July.

Dublin
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

Does anyone know if you can pay to use the Amfora Hotel pool without actually staying at the hotel?

Thanks

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

It was last year we were last in Hvar but I'm fairly sure you can. We walked around to the Amfora side of town one night and I think there was a board up with a fee on but can't remember how much.

Mentioned in this post
Hvar
Hvar
Hvar Island, Croatia
9. Re: June 2013 Amfora Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 16:19