We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Katica apartments

Which Cavtat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Katica apartments

hi

Hope someone can help, I have just booked to stay in the katica apartments which are above the hotel epidaurus , I cannot find any information or recent pictures ,does anyone know them or have any idea what they are like . it was a fantastic deal but I'm quite concerned now any help would be appreciated.

Harlow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Katica apartments

Hi i was thinking of the same, like you i am lookng for any reviews so far nothing. If you look up directline holiday there is some picture of katica aprartments,. It is very very basic accomdotion but the surroundings looks good

liverpool
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Katica apartments

thank you . i think i will stop worrying,cavtat is so beautiful i wont mind what the apartments are like and just enjoy the holiday,.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Katica apartments

Hi,

I visited family Stanović (Apartments Katica Stanovic) two weeks ago (and some other owners of private accommodation in Dubrovnik region and the town of Cavtat).

''Problem'' is, it was a business visit and in relation to their private accommodation offer.

My point is that if we are talking about the same family, just visit their private web site (just google katica stanovic cavtat) or try to find reviews of their acc. offer.

Also, I will be free to suggest you to visit some of the (relatively unknown) locations in this area, which could be more than interesting; Pasjaca Beach (near the village of Popovici), Prevlaka Nature Park, village Ljuta (and river Ljuta), the protected landscape of the Konavle Dvori, place called Molunat, . . .

If you intend to explore the countryside by car, the road from Cilipi to Prevlaka is full of potholes and all sorts of defects. Of course, most of locals drive their cars as if tomorrow is a Judgement Day.

All in all, although Dubrovnik is called ''The Pearl of the Adriatic'', most people do not know what beauty lies south of it. Definitely worthwhile to come.

liverpool
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Katica apartments

Thank you for all your information It has been very helpful and informative. I have been to mlini a few years ago which is lovely, but we fell in love with cavtat and wish to explore much more this time but I think we may use the buses or boats if the driving is too “eventful“ thanks again

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Katica apartments

No problem,

I hope i helped you at least a little. Of course, the choice of transport depends mostly on where you want to go and the quality of public transport.

I know one thing for sure: almost all the owners of private accommodation in this area offer their guests transport from and to airport.

Not only that, if their houses a little farther from town or from the shore, they will offer to their guests transportation to the city.

There is no reason to be afraid to drive a car in Croatia but it is good to know how things work in practice; obey traffic regulations (as well as anywhere else) and chill out ;) You are on vacation.

Have a nice vacation in Croatia!

leeds
Level Contributor
3 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Katica apartments

have you been to these appartments yet please?

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Katica apartments

Yes, as I wrote earlier, I stayed at the family Stanovic early this year. I rented a room. Due to the kind of business that I do, I spend almost 300 days a year in one of the apartments or rooms in private accommodation.

I was very pleased with the service and accommodation at family Stanovic.

The room was neat and clean (sheets and blankets), enough towels and unobtrusive hosts.

It may sound funny but one way to find out what you can expect from the owner(s) of private accommodation in Croatia is to book one for January or December . . . or April.

The reason is simple; heating :)

As a rule, 90% of private acc. renters in Croatia stops renting somewhere at the beginning of October (tourists have gone home). At this family you can rent a room or an apartment throught whole year which means that both apartments and rooms are ready whenever a potential guest comes. I announced to them my arrival around 8 PM. When I arrived the room was warm and hot.

Sounds stupid but it was about the beginning of January and at that time night temperatures ranged around 2-3 degrees Celsius above zero.

You might asking yourself what is there so strange; It is normal that they turn on the heating, right? No, for at least 50% of owners of private accommodation in Croatia, this is not normal and would not be common practice.

Sad but true :I

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Katica apartments

Hi, I have just returned from a week long stay in these apartments (we stayed in apartment 4) and it was modern, clean and lovely! Nice spacious bedroom, really nice bathroom with decent power shower and a compact little kitchen. We got a really good deal and it was brilliant value. The best bit is probably the view of the sea, it was absolutely stunning and there is a nice little balcony with a table outside which is very pleasant. Our plane was not able to land at Dubrovnik and had to be diverted to Split which meant a 5 hour bus journey so we did not arrive til very late, despite this she welcomed us in a very friendly manner with cakes and beer and information about the local area, even though it was 3am by this time! I can't recommend this place enough and would definitely stay there again. The owner also gave us a lift to the airport on our last day and always asked us if there was anything we needed, offering us coffee and homemade booze! :)

liverpool
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Katica apartments

Hi Ruth

thank you for your comments they have really put my mind at rest, because we got such a good deal i have been really worried about the apartment.- my only other concern is how far away from cavtat they are - is it within walking distance

gwent
Level Contributor
305 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Katica apartments

Are there any swimming pools around?